GF 3 or 4 Star Hotels BKK

Victor1960

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JWM is most definately GF, but more of a 4.5-5 star property, with room rates to match. It is sometimes available via Priceline or thru corporate rates at around $100US.

Better 2*-3* properties are the Manhattan Hotel (~1100 baht, Soi 15), The Grottino, (~1800 baht, between Soi 17-19), and the Town Lodge (~1400 baht, Soi 20). All of these are GF (Manhattan if booked as a double).

I've just stayed at Woraburi for 3 days and all I can say is stay away from it! Not guestfriendly at all. I was stupid enough to pay for all three nights when I checked in. Payed 1400 for a room and then when I arive at night with my "gf" they charge 300 extra wich means 1700 bath. That's way to much for that standard!! Even worse..was going out with my gf and a friend of her. We wanted to go to my room for 5 minutes but was told that would cost me another 300 bath!! No use trying to tell them it's only for 5 minutes.

Checking out they had added a couple of hundred baths to my bill. Aparently I or we had had lot's of drinks from the minibar wich I know for sure we didn't. I always buy drinks and stuff at 7/11 or similar and bring to the hotel. The bastards only see the open cans left in the room and then put it on the bill..

No point in arguing when checking out either...Aparently they can get away with this beccause they have lots of customers. Have no idea why!

SPIFF

Last stayed in Woraburi 5 years ago when it was brand new and, although it was guest friendly then, it was annoying even then. I tend to not know how long I'll be staying and like a lie in. In every other hotel I've stayed in, this has never been much of a problem.

But in Woraburi, not only did they have the habit of waking me up to ask when I'd be checking out, they'd insist that I had to come down to reception RIGHT NOW to pay in cash. "Can't you wait a few hours until I've finished sleeping?" "No." This happened a few times. :banghead:

It's amazing and a bit frightening how a hotel in a sex tourist area could suddenly start charging joiner fees. :shakehead

Mercure in Pattaya started charging them last year too.

Are we being pushed out? :dunno:

Spiff,

Sorry to hear about that. Was shocked when the hotel confirmed that they started charging 300 Baht joiners about 3 months ago. Given its clientele and location. A paradox indeed.

Some guys have mentioned to me that this hotel is guest friendly and that it always has. I advise them it used to be!

By the way, just curious why u booked with the hotel at 1400 Baht per night. We sell Standard rooms to Thai 360 members at 980 Baht per night, inc the 1% discount?

Tim

Last stayed in Woraburi 5 years ago when it was brand new and, although it was guest friendly then, it was annoying even then. I tend to not know how long I'll be staying and like a lie in. In every other hotel I've stayed in, this has never been much of a problem.

But in Woraburi, not only did they have the habit of waking me up to ask when I'd be checking out, they'd insist that I had to come down to reception RIGHT NOW to pay in cash. "Can't you wait a few hours until I've finished sleeping?" "No." This happened a few times. :banghead:

It's amazing and a bit frightening how a hotel in a sex tourist area could suddenly start charging joiner fees. :shakehead

Mercure in Pattaya started charging them last year too.

Are we being pushed out? :dunno:

Yes crazy I know. All Accor Hotels are falling in line with their Asian Group Policy. Joiners are going to be across the board at all their properties, including The Fenix. Heard that is still guest friendly at the moment. Wonder how long b 4 they change.

Also, heard that The Majestic Suites owner has just opened a new boutique hotel in Suk 13. Upmarket and chic, but the prices seem to be steep when same price range as Majestic Grande. A not so convenient location too in Suk 13? More coming soon.

Tim

It beats me why Asian tour groups and families want to come to Pattaya anyway. What's the fucking point? :dunno: There are plenty of family friendly and beautiful places that aren't seedy. Why not go there, idiots!

Pattaya is known around the world as a sex capital. There's basically no other reason to head there except en route to the islands.. If they want to attract a different class of tourist, they'll have to rename the town.

I think the joiners fee is at least partially just the hotel wanting a cut of the action. Otherwise, it would be a lot more than 300b, or they would even bar it altogether.

If it goes towards better security, I'm for it, depending on how they implement it.

Archived