Cost of Sanuk in the Christmas/New Year holiday

zigfreed

I would say no. There are some who say the prices go up during the high season (this would include the holidays), but I really don't think so. First, of all there are usually more available ladies, so the supply generally meets the demand and then some.

That's not to say some ladies might take try to take advantage of newbies by ASKING for more. In the end, it is up to you what you pay.

One thing that will go up is the barfines on on Christmas and New Year's Eve. They start out at up to 2,000 baht at some bars and decrease as the night wears on. The owners do this to assure ladies will be around as the bars stay open until very late these fun nights. Of course, that assumes that this year the bars will be open late. Several owners have told me that there is some sort of law/rule on the books that allows them to stay open late these two nights, so it should be a go.

Sarisin, thanks for the info. I've been to LOS numerous times, but never during the Christams/New Year Holidays. This year, I have a chance to be there for a couple of weeks then. Looks like, it might actaully be a fun time to visit. I'm sure the weather will be allright. smile.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

I've never seen girls put up prices due to special times of the year, although you might find prices creeping up around that time due to ie bing the middle of the high season and the numebr of punters present is high.

quote:

Originally posted by Glenn:

Sarisin

Hoped to meet up with you but I see you are US bound. Hope you are back at the beginning of next year, I should still be around.

Only if you promise to get up on stage in those god-awful boxer shorts and boogie. smile.gif" border="0

I will be back in Bangkok December 28 and plan on doing biergarten 23 for New Year's Eve followed by Soi Cowboy. I'll probably head down to Pattaya later in January to live.

Look forward to seeing 'ya Glenn.

quote:

Originally posted by Pachuko:

was in los last year

definitely on dec 24 & 25

and dec 31 & jan 1

the barfine was 1000

not many girls taken out

and nana disco/thermae after was

PACKED!!

what bar was this? In general, on the last trip bar fines ranged from 300-600bht. with 400 being an average beer bar barfine. Was 1000bht a norm in all the places or just one or two? Also, I was in LOS during Chritmas/new years many years ago, a few of the BGs were well aware of the gift giving custom, and had no problem in asking for one...

Archived