The truth about Notstickmanbangkok

frede

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to the last John Galt column and this copied excerpt is why I asked my question earlier on this thread about what Stickman is going to do. Also heard a guy named Marc Holt is now writing the weekly column on the Stickman website.

John Galt:One year on

Stickman has Left the Building....

I have heard from several sources that the old Stickman (X X) is getting the boot from his employment at Patumwan Demonstration School. He was the only teacher there without a degree anyhow. At one time they did have all the pictures of their staff up on their web site, but my guess is that my publishing here caused them to rethink their design and they and they changed their web site from this page to that page. There were 2 other teachers in this StickmanBangkok mix but we didn't name those teachers. Those others never messed with me (to my knowledge) and I think they probably distanced themselves from X and the web site to some degree.

Anyhow, the school allowed X to gracefully leave his position there by allowing him to stay until the end of the school year. The school also benefited as they would not have had to replace him mid term.

The word is that Stickman had a going away party thrown for him.

I have also head from a number of sources that he no longer is doing the weekly himself. I was told that he sold the weekly section of his web site to another entity. Based on the reading there -- I would tend to believe that rumor. BUT it could all be a ploy by X to go back under cover and run the weekly secretively again.

So what is the next stop for the Old Stickman? Does he return to New Zealand? Or does he start up a new boiler room operation?

In defense of Stickman and the lowly English Teacher.... You have to consider that they are somewhat steeped in a culture that calls on them to cheat the system. That's right....

They stand on the street corner down in Bangkok somewhere and they look out into the intersection. On one corner they see the high society Thais who are exploiting the law and the system to reap rich rewards without exactly having to necessarily work to hard for it. These Thais are buying Ferraris for their kids and sending those same kids to learn English at Stick's school. On another corner they see farangs employed by oil companies and paid a kings ransom to work in Thailand. They get a whole lot for not necessarily doing work any harder than teaching. On other street corner, you have the Gem dealers and scam artists who work with near impunity and rake in cash off the backs of the unsuspecting tourist. And on the last corner, the fabulous looking go-go girl who knocks down 100k a month and occasionally gets flown to Samui or Phuket for a short vacation.

So, these English teachers don't really feel its that terribly bad selling a little illegal software. Hell, if everyone else is cheating the system not getting caught -- so why not me? Why not run a web site and pick up some ad revenue. Who give a shit about a little lax reporting on a web site if the readers are at least entertained?

Anyhow, I think you get the point..... I'm rambling here so lets move on.

I wouldn't say Galt was ignored didn't get a response from Stick.

He shut down his site, and then went back and completely removed some of his old material. Now it appears he's totally relinquished control of the site to someone else.

I liked the old column, but I also think Galt raised some valid questions about it's motivation, especially as it became more popular.

Stick may have decided not to say anything on the issue, but I think some of his actions speak louder than words.

Archived