The truth about Notstickmanbangkok

frede

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This J. Galt attacked some other people on his website as well. One day he will piss off someone who might react less civilized than Stick...

:skull:

The whole story teaches us that everything we put on the web can haunt us someday, especially if our web identity is related to to our real life identity and both id's are not consistent like in Stick's case.

When Stick started his website, the internet and the P4P and Farang scene were probably very different compared to today.

As I understand Stick moved up the ladder career wise. But he did not realize that he could not be both: a reputable professional during the day and a shady PI/P4P reporter at night. Stick probably missed the point when he should have made a clear decision which path to take.

I run a professional blog and I am a little bit paranoid about revealing anything about my private life, even I don't have anything to hide (except my occasional side trips in the local and Asian P4P scene).

:closemouth:

Stick in contrary left many, many hints about his personal life and his profession on his website and it just needed a psycho who did not even seems to be overly intelligent to put it all together.

PS: this is not meant as a comment about the ethics of Sticks business, but as a simple remark that we might spread much more information about ourselves than we are aware of and which could haunt us someday, if something goes terribly wrong, like pissing off a psycho like Galt.

A lot of the attraction of the old Stickman site was he came across as a real person and he couldn't do this with out giving readers an occasional glimpse of himself. However you live by the sword....

I rarely read it since it's return, it's still in the bookmarks but well down the list.

Galt was certainly interesting for a while and his writing style improved dramatically over the year but I virtually stopped reading him as well.

True words about the power (or lack of) of the Farang threat in Thailand. What is it about some guys and getting to sleep with women half their age? Do they really think their balls grow bigger?

Stickman was an early member of the original Nanaplaza board and the old timers here know him. He is honest in his writings and has never tried to harm anyone through his website. "Galt", on the other hand, is largely an unknown and does use his board to prove how important he is by bringing others down.

I've always enjoyed rubbing elbows with Stick. I don't think Galt is the type of person I'd like to meet.

Hear, hear.

I followed the whole thing - passsd the time in the office sometimes - and saw Galt/Summers over on mangosauce doing his thing. And Teak Door. Not here, although I suspected he turned up once or twice. And yes, I would go to notstickman.bangkok to watch the car crash ramblings of this character.

It wasn't sustainable. That's why it's stopped, and a good thing too.

I felt an overwhelming sense of pity for the guy. I'm not being sarcastic here. It was excruciatingly embarrassing stuff. Very sad.

Visiting his site used to make me feel like a member of the Victorian middle classes taking a stroll around a lunatic asylum for entertainment.

Unedifying.

There are all sorts of psychotic fuck wits on the internet (present company excluded). Some have even tried to have people banned from the country, or stir shit up with their employers, simply because they didn't like the way someone lived their life, or what they wrote. Pretty god damned petty and bitch like if you ask me.

Hi,

"There are all sorts of psychotic fuck wits on the internet (present company excluded). "

Yep. I've been threatened with physical violence / bodily harm a few times after banning some wanker. Really pathetic to get so worked up about an internet message board. Hell, I own/run it and don't even get that worked up about it.

Of course, I have access to ... THE BIG RED BUTTON :devil:

Sanuk!

Archived