Pattaya rental with WLAN

trooper

I've been doing a little bit search in the internet as I'm looking for a place to stay in Pattaya for about 1-3 months. I'd prefer a studio apartment with balcony, swimming pool and WLAN. Price range I have been thinking of would be from 10-20k/month depending on the room and location, the cheaper the better of course so I would have more baht for activities. North Pattaya would be perfect but actually South Pattaya and Jomtien would be nice too if not too noisy place. Soi Bukhao would be the limit, more far away from the beach I wouldn't consider. Any ideas or web sites? I would really appreciate some help.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a decent place but the internet rate for a one bed apartment is quoted at 30,000+ low - 45,000+ high, are you getting the 18,500+ rate by negotiation, due to being a long stay resident or a combination of both? Do you think the 18,500 can be obtained for a 2-3 month stay non peak,

(late Jan-Feb-Mar)?

Maco,

Location is dependent upon ones needs, to me where I stay here is a perfect location for my own reasons. I work on the Eastern Seaboard mainly Sri Racha, Map ta Phut and Rayong so being close to Pattaya Nua I can be heading north on Sukhumvit out of pattaya within 5 minutes of leaving in the morning, if south pattaya or jontiem it could add another 10-15 minutes onto the journey each way.

Also because I am working I dont go out and hit the "Girlie Bars" every night as a tourist would, I come home from work, shit shower shave 20 minutes online then pop downstairs to Jamesons where I meet up with fellow expat friends of mine for a few beers and talk the shite or in the case of this evening watch the Rugby World Cup. If I do venture out I am only 2 minutes walk from Second Road opposite soi 6.

It also has secure private parking, and the overall securety in the complex is very good. since I often go on Business trips to other asian countries I am comfortable in the knowledge that I can leave things in my apartment here knowing they will be safe.

On top of that I am only here 4 nights a week maximum since my family home is in Bangkok so it is basically somewhere to store my stuff shower and sleep when I am working over here, I am probably only awake in the room 10 hours / week.

As I said, it is all down to individual needs and requirements and this place suits me down to the ground, as for the costs well lets just say that I get paid a monthly living allowance from work and a lot less than 50% of it goes on rental fees.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a lot of searching and guess I will settle for View Talay, looks like good value. Wireless internet can be had there but it's not cheap at about 1800 baht/month. Prices for studio apartments vary between 12-20 k per month, anybody know a good agency where to book?

Archived