Pattaya rental with WLAN

trooper

I can get you a studio in View Talay 2, not to be confused with the VT1 older building which would suit your needs.

2 pools, excellent laundry on site, minimart and quite good cafe by the pool.

I lived there for nearly 3 years but a new baby forced me out to a house :D

Some apartments I have connections with are in the process of doing WIFI but some already have ADSL and telephones in them at Bt700 per month 512/256 or Bt1000 1024/512 all direct with TOT.

Prices depend upon season and length of contract.

Please send me a message if you are interested. I can then match your required dates with current availability and give you prices.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YOu don't need an internet connection in a condo.

Check out www.edgethailand.com because they've got the cards you slip into your laptop and apparantly they're good. Can pre-pay as well, all info on their website.

I'm going to buy a card next time I'm there because am sick on going to shitty internet cafes.

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm currently using a a 6 MB connection but when I'm actually downloading a file from the internet my maximum download speed is about 580 kbps. With EDGE you're getting a 140 KB connection but the maximum speed you can actually download a file is about 15 kbps.

I think it might be a bit/byte issue i.e. with EDGE you get a 140 kilobit connection with gives you approximately 15 kilobytes per second download speed, which is not much faster the the 6 kilobytes per second you get with dialup and much slower than my current 580 kilobytes per second I get with broadband.

There are 8 bits to the Byte, and your units are incorrect.

EDGE internet speed is not KB but kbps, so 140 kbps = 17.5 KB/s, I amd finding EDGE is running at 256 kbps (32 KB/s).

Remember Internet speed is stated at kilobits per second kbps, but file transfer speeds are stated in Kilobytes per second KB/s.

Your broadband is not 6 MB it is 6 mbps which equates to 750 KB/s, lower case for bits upper case for bytes. I am not trying to be pedantic, just clearing up the confusion / misconception that often arises.

Archived