english breakfast Sukhumvit

kevkev1888

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Munchie,don't usually go to the Dubliner as i'm normally on the other side of the road and can't be bothered to cross. But i did take my life in to my hands today and tried the mini fry. Your right both quality and quantity excellent and i found the mini fry more than enough personanlly. In fact where you in there today (wednesday) about 2.30-3.00pm? A chap bearing a passing resemblance to Robbie Coltrane came in and sat at the table in front of me. If it was you hope you enjoyed your lunch also?

Simie.

1. The Dubliner

Fry-Up or Mini-Fry is always tasty.

All day and all night until closing.

Bacon, eggs, sausage, grilled soda bread, grilled potato bread, sauteed potatoes, hash brown potatoes, baked beans, black pudding, grilled tomato, sauteed mushrooms.

Hungry yet?

The Mini-Fry is same as the Fry-Up, just about 1/2 size serving.

And that's plenty for this 100 Kg. man.

I've seen the full Fry Up -- it's a small mountain of food.

You've been warned.

Location is South side of Sukhumvit, almost across from the entrance to Suk 33.

From skytrain Phrom-Phong station, 263 meters West.

Or, if you wish, Food-By-Phone will deliver Dubliner meals to your door.

So, no need to risk your life crossing Sukhumvit.

2. Cafe 22 in Suk 22.

Proper English breakfast.

Home style, not fancy style.

Sausage and bacon, eggs scrambled or fried, potatoes hash brown or bubble & squeak, choice of beans, grilled tomato or mushrooms, toast with marmalade and butter, coffee/tea, orange juice.

Very generous portions, but not over the top.

Served any time until the kitchen closes at 22:00 (10:00 PM).

No air-con, so don't go on a hot day.

Terrible movies on the TVs - I sit with my back to the TV.

Location is almost back of the beyond:

From the top of Suk 22, go South 716 meters.

Past Admiral Hotel another 27 meters.

Cafe 22 is on the same side as the Admiral Hotel.

A single shop house bar.

If you like a good breakfast, it's worth the effort of finding this place.

If you're really lost, send me a message and I'll guide you in.

Hi

Yes lots of answers and much disscusion thanks all.

Will definatly give a few a try.

I did go to Chequers in Soi 4 the other day but they where closed for refit :(

Re open now i belive only closed for three days.

In fact re reading this thread has made me hungry for a good fry up so im off, just cant decide chequers or dubbliner first????

.... In fact where you in there today (wednesday) about 2.30-3.00pm? A chap bearing a passing resemblance to Robbie Coltrane came in and sat at the table in front of me. If it was you hope you enjoyed your lunch also?

Simie.

That would have been me. So close and yet so far. I think I had the chicken green curry. Aroy maak.

Munchie, yes so near and yet so far?! I did indeed hear you order the green curry with chicken (in Thai) and seem to remember the large orange juice as well. I had'nt been to the Dubliner for about 6 or 7 years? as i always seems to be on the other side of Sukhumvit. But following your reccommendation i thought i'd give it another try (and did so a couple more times this trip as well) I had the mini fry with coffee and small juice. Nothing "mini" about it as far as i could see?! more than enough for me and very enjoyable too :) If you had just been sitting at the bar with a drink i might have made a pratt of myself and come over and introduced myself. But i thought it would have been bad manners to impose myself on someone minding his own business and enjoying his lunch?!

Simie.

Archived