english breakfast Sukhumvit

kevkev1888

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are flat scones made with potatoes (tatties).

Tattie scone

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tattie scones, tottie scones or potato scones are a regional variant of the savoury "girdle scone" which is especially popular in Scotland. Many variations of recipe exist, however they generally include liberal quantities of boiled Tatties or Totties (Scots for potatoes) and salt.

They are also known as potato bread in Ireland.

Potato scones are traditionally quarter circular fan shaped, and generally about 90 mm in radius. Because of this, potato scones are often bought in multiples of four. They are distinct from other scones in being made deliberately thin (usually 7 mm or so) â?? they are, in many ways, more like a soft oatcake than a true scone. Nowadays, they are usually served as a popular part of the Scottish variant of the "full breakfast" with fried eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the Full Monty at Chequers and the English Breakfast at Soi 8 Pub and this morning the American Breakfast at Foodland Soi 5.

The Full Monty is too much to eat on a hangover, the plus side is the fried bread, the general quality of the food. The downsides are, too much food, mushrooms stringy, no marmalade for toast, instant coffee.

English breakfast at Soi 8 Pub. 20 bht cheaper than the Full Monty, positives are, real coffee, good marmalade, not quite as much food as the Full Monty. Down sides are, sausages could be a little more cooked and the tomato, well, don't they have ripe fresh tomatoes in Los? why do they always have to be those solid canned things?

Foodland American breakfast. 58 bht, good coffee and O.J. toast, marmalade and eggs. They couldn't have found a smaller piece of bacon, but you get what you pay for.

Cheers

Coss

I've had the breakfast at Old Dutch a couple of times recently. If i remember correctly 195baht the usual fry up and includes toast, juice and 2 cups of coffee. Although you have to ask for the 2nd cup, they don't seem to bring it automatically. Quantity was good, in fact both times i could'nt eat the toast as i was too full. And i've no complaints about the price. But to me the quality was only ok, nothing more. I prefered Munchies recommendation of the mini fry at the Dubliner. Works out more expensive as its 200 baht, but you have to pay extra for juice, coffee etc. But IMHO quality far better.

Simie.

• 2 weeks later...

Its the sausages that make or break a breakfast. We can live with stringy bacon, just, but not crap bangers.

I like a couple of sausages, some bacon, poached eggs, beans and toast. I can be tempted by mushrooms, fried bread etc. but only if quality a nd well prepared. Tomatoes you can keep in this part of the world.

A pot of tea or coffee is better or a free refill. Orange juice I can take or leave but if included, it had better be drinkable. Water should be available as well.

What am I prepared to pay ? Well I'd rather pay for quality. I do love the JW's breakfast buffet but not a real breakfast.

Guest lazyphil

Travis Bickle (aka lazyphil): June twenty-ninth. I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight.

out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived