Joining the Hells Angels

spirit_of_town_hall

I read an interview with the founder of HA, he just regretted that he had selected HD as the bike instead one of the japanese ones.

Also read a year ago or so that 9 of 10 HA and Bandidos murderers in Denmark after their time in jail were barowners in Phuket.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way back when...I was at a motorcycle show in Chicago and the HA's were there.

People had been buying these chrome plated motorcycle chains that had been made into belts for blue jeans.

The HA's were standing outside and taking all the chain belts away from whoever had bought them.

No one argued with them but quickly gave them the chain belts.

There is a "pack mentality", like the Thais, if you get into a scrap with one of them, expect several more to be pounding lumps on you!

my one time fave Bar in Patong was owned by a fella described as the leader of the local Chapter,the Outlaws.

great Guy and i have many free t-shirts and stickers still.

had Friends and they all drived the HD's and liked to cruise.

took a photo of number 1 Girl once sitting on his bike and he was soon out of the Bar demanding to know what was going on.

once he realised it was us he laughed and said 'carry on'

he and his Friends were always tooled up with knives and any trouble in the Bar and the knives were produced.

always fun to see the US Marines(Cobra Gold)who thought they were tough enough to cause trouble in his Bar.

when confronted by other Men with 10 inch knives their faces soon went white and they soon left the Bar never to return.

One of the worlds biggest amphet makers and distributors in the world. Notorious for beating people to death (as recently as last month woman and man clubbed to death at home in NY).

You get a badge and promoted if you shoot a cop.

yeh real bunch of nice guys!

Town hall you must be real lonely or have something missing up top to want to join?

Hi OH, by clubs within the club do you mean the Nomads. I have seen some of those guys...

I have a question. If you were offered 2 million dollars on successfully joining the Hells Angels how would you go about it?

I dont know any at all .

Do you have to become a Hang around before you become a prospect?

STH

groups within include "El Diaboliques" and the "Filthy Few." to name a couple.

Hang arounds are not the same as prospects. Hnag arounds just "hang around" and may never be put up for membership, depends I guess...Usually you are known to a member or members, and they put you up as a prospect, or a probationary member.

Rumor has it, that you may have to have a few convictions under your belt, been known in prison, and or commit a felony inn the presence of members before being allowed in. How ever, there are also "clean patches" these are guys with no prior felony convictions, who are full on members...so anything is possible.

Like anything else with these guys, "...those who know don't say, and those who say don't know..."

I read an interview with the founder of HA, he just regretted that he had selected HD as the bike instead one of the japanese ones.

Also read a year ago or so that 9 of 10 HA and Bandidos murderers in Denmark after their time in jail were barowners in Phuket.

First part is complete bull, as there were no Jap bikes in the USA, when the HA were founded in Fortuna California in the late 40's. It would be years before the first Japanese bikes would arrive.

Sonny Barger was once asked is he'd like to ride a Gold Wing or other foreign made big bike, and he said "...yes, but I'd probably hear too much shit about it..."

You can read more about them here...

http://www.hells-angels.com/

Joining...

http://www.hells-angels.com/faq.htm

"...You get a badge and promoted if you shoot a cop..."

This is based on what? Proof of this happening? Seems stupid to wear a badge proclaiming you killed a cop...doubtful, as this is just a group of misunderstood fun loving guys who like to ride motorcycles...nothing more.

OH,

I remember the interview in a swedish newspaper, maybe he said that something like I wish that there had been japanese bikes at that time, but that isn't what I remember.

History

Formed in 1948 in Fontana, California, the name "Hells Angels" was inspired by the name of the U.S. Air Force 303rd Bombardment Groups, a military unit formed in the early years of World War II.

The Hells Angels make strenuous attempts to dispel the myth that there is any connection, other than the name, between the HAMC and the historic military Hell's Angel. Their official website clarifies that the name was suggested to the founders of the club by a friend of theirs, Arvid Olsen, who was a member of the Flying Tigers squadron from the 303rd Group. No actual members of that squadron became members of the HAMC.[1]

Some of the early history of the HAMC is not clear, and accounts differ. According to Ralph 'Sonny' Barger, early chapters of the club were founded in San Francisco, Gardena, Fontana, and other places, independently of one another, with the members usually being unaware that there were other Hells Angels clubs. Another story has it that the Hells Angels in San Francisco were originally organized in 1953 by Rocky Graves, a Hells Angel member from San Bernardino ("Berdoo"). This implies that the "Frisco" Hells Angels were very much aware of their forebears in direct contradiction to Bargers account. Another notable early work on the Angels was by Gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson. In his 1966 book entitled Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, which was expanded from an original 1965 article for The Nation, he spent a year in close quarters with group.

The "Frisco" Hells Angels were reorganized in 1955 with thirteen charter members; Frank Sadliek, who designed the current deaths head logo, served as President. The first Oakland group, ca. 1956, before Sonny was involved, had the name "Green Tanks" as the lower rocker jacket patch. Green Tanks is a section of Oakland

Wikipedia

Googled to find the swedish interview but in english at least found this with similar opinions

Sonny Barger, founder of the Hells Angels, does not like Harley's.. what's up with that?

I'm currently reading the book written by him titled, "The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club", and Barger admits that if he wasn't in the Hell's Angels he'd be riding either a BMW or a Honda. In another interview he talks about how he thinks Harleys are junk and that the balancing system on the 88V motor is "the kind of think a Caterpillar tractor had a hundred years ago". I find all of this very difficult to digest and, in a strange way, makes me lose some respect for my Harley. I know part of the lure and badassness of a Harley is knowing the history of them. On top of that, practically every Harley outfit you can buy these days is modeled after a Hells Angels type look. Whats the point in owning a Harley if the guy that is partially responsible for their popularity thinks they're junk?

Link

Archived