Joining the Hells Angels

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't join them, they select you, and ask you to hang around, do stuff, then a guy sponsors you, and you are a prospect, you wear only the chapter rocker, NOT the full patch, after a period of time, you are voted in or out, once voted in, you are given the full patch..."clubs within the club" exist, and have their own membership criteria.

Agree, a fun bunch of misunderstood guys! sort of like us. :)

Hi OH, by clubs within the club do you mean the Nomads. I have seen some of those guys...

I have a question. If you were offered 2 million dollars on successfully joining the Hells Angels how would you go about it?

I dont know any at all .

Do you have to become a Hang around before you become a prospect?

STH

Those guys were a true american icon. Sonny Barger made a corporation of murder , drugs , extortion , prostitution , you name it. They were Al Capone on wheels. Then he went international.

The late and great Hunter S. Thompson wrote a great book about his experiences with them. Almost got himself killed doing it.

Jack Nicholson did a movie with and about them.

Bada :smirk: Bing

You have no chance of becoming a hells angel unless you are known by, and more importantly trusted by an existing member. Before that is likley to happen, you would need to look and live the part for a considerable time before being even being able to 'hang' with them. A few relevent 'qualifications' i.e. drugs, gbh or similar convictions would be useful in promoting you to a prospect, being useful to them would also help. It would be much easier to join a 'back patch' motorcycle club, there are plenty about in the UK, they model themselves on the hells angles, but aren't quite so hard core, and much easier to become a member. The membership process is much the same, details of where to hang about on your low rider can be found HERE

STH.....I think the term in "Nom" as in being nominated by another member. I used to work with a President of a Rebels chapter. Completely different wave-length to me. Nice enough guy but complete physcopath. Most of them live on that fine line that is created when you take too many steroids.

When you do get in you are in for life. There is no just quitting the Angels. You have mandatory rides. Plus you get jumped in if you know what I mean. They are a bussiness. Well run now and their patch is trade marked. Do'nt think of flying their colors long. You go flapping your mouth that you know all about the Angels and life is cheap. No this is not Thailand.

You might bump into one every now and then that got out of the life and he will tell you "he's in the wind" now. Will allways be till the day he dies.

Archived