Fun in Chiang Mai?

Encore

I have spent 3 months this year in CM and I never had a problem finding nightlife, food, companionship or anything else that wasn't up to or beyond BKK standards. Less quantity and equal quality per capita. Plus not much need to fork over a fortune to taxis, you can walk to many places. I had a condo for 5000 baht a month and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The worst thing were the tourists but they all flock together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with CM is that the farang orientated nightlife scene is actually 99 percent Buri Lam gals who have been rejected from Bangkok and Pattaya. Loikroh Rd known to the locals as AIDS alley! For sure, long termers can get around this, but not easily!

Surin eh? I'm totally out of touch with the CM bar scene. Funny how it goes in CM....I remember, back in the swinging 90's, a couple of sisters showed up from Pee-lok....a week later there were twenty of them in the bar. Then a few Akha starting drifting in....soon whole villages arrived. You'd even come across the odd Burmese girl...literally. Think I'll pass on the nasty skin disease thank you.

bbull

And where did you get your polling from ??

I have been here for over 10 yrs and can tell you the girls are from all over the north. Sure Burriam yings are here but many other cities. Last night I talked with Mae Sae, Chaing Dow, Sukothai, Lamphun, Lampang, CM, and a few others. And that was just in an hour.

• 4 weeks later...
pd 900 a few months ago but have not been back recently. High season coming so that could change. Many, many more asian punters in town in the last 2 weeks.

Thought I would ad some info 4 anyone headed up north. As i said High Season is coming---And it is here !!

Don't go out much anymore but to an occasional local karaoke or if I can find a newbie to the scene. Have enought phone #'s to get me through the election closings.

But the last 3 nights feeling randy and made it out to ALL the venues here.

Loy Kroi Rd. Jumping ! A few bars closed but most open with some new talent. Be careful in a few places since it looks like the bar owners over the last few yrs have discovered Hello Girls. After many drinks, and lovely conversation, the cutie will tell you she does not go with customers. Better to sort it out first. My favs Butterfly, THC, and Lindas (got to like those shaven Sukothai sows :-)

Boxing Ring Bars. Busy, but not all are taken. And many more katoeys this season. Some lookers among the 12-18 beer bars but many spending way too much time on farang food. Good fun in the right bar.

The "Wall Bars". Behind the Night market running perpendicular to lower Tapae Rd.

Boy Bars still open. Although they have been reduced (1st group of them). Next set of bars headed towards Tapae teaming with customers. Both the boy bars and the ying places. But these places employ many less girls than the other locations so get there early. My fav--Angels. Owner throws a drunken party everynight.

CharoenPrathet Rd. 1 or 2 places. Uugghhh...

Talentless as always

A few more places to write about (3 Go-Go's) plus the MP's. To be continued (Also CR) :evil:

Archived