deported, urgent help pls

dabbish

I got a friend that has been deported in japan. he was flying from Vietnam when he got refused entry. Because of it being weekend there isn't a flight back with vietnam airlines until monday and appearantly every day he stays there he has to pay the airline 300 USD. I spoke to one airline rep in japan and he told me that if he doesn't pay the 300 USD a day, he won't get put on the plane.

Now it is my understanding that the airlines have to pay heavy penalty fees every day a passagenger is held at the airport. Like maybe around 2-3 thousand USD per person. Is this correct?

So, when he's saying that unless I somehow send my friend the 300 USD per day, that they won't be putting him on the plane, it's just a bluff right?

When monday comes along they will either put him back to the plane to Vietnam or they will buy him another flight ticket with another flight company and fly him home to his home country?

Can anybody please confirm this?

he didn't need any visa to enter japan. i think they deported him because they thought he was going to work there.

but it's not really relevant. he's not in the custody of the japanese immigration. it's appearantly the airline's responsability to watch and care for the person until their flight out of japan (wherever the destination).

If you want to get home in a hurry and with the least discomfort, the thing to do is to pay your fines and charges, if any, and buy a plane ticket with your own money and fly to another country (perhaps your own) where they will let you in. Otherwise, in developed countries, you can just wait the airline and authorities out, tell them you have no money and can't get any, and they will eventually send you somewhere on their dime - though this might be a long time, and it might be very uncomfortable - i.e., staying for days and days in an airport detention center that is just one concrete cell with a constantly changing cast of characters and a flourescent light that never goes off... as in Don Muang (not sure about Su'mi). At $300 a day, hmm, to pay or not to pay? Depends on who your friend is, and whether you mind if he learns a lesson or not...

Archived