The Key - New Boutique Hotel

Evel_Penivel

Another new boutique hotel. It's the redone Vega residence:

The Key

On the basis of the pics, location and price (3,000 baht/night for a 68 square-meter suite is very good value for money), I booked it for early December before promotional pricing ends.

I have no idea whether it is guest friendly. Considering the location, it's likely to be, but I'm not sure. It's pointless to email as almost every BKK hotel will in the current climate answer in writing there is charge for overnight guests, even if in practice they never enforce it.

I still have plenty of time to cancel if it is confirmed guest-unfriendly. So does anyone know for sure?

Evil

:devil:

I'm staying nearby and checked out the most basic room a couple of months ago. New and nice but seemed overpriced at the normal rate (the girl showing me around neglected to tell me about the promotional pricing :doah:)

I don't know 100% but I'm pretty sure it's guest friendly. For example, a couple of weeks ago I saw a guy go in closely followed by a whole troop of ladyboys (there were 5 or 6!) :)

I don't know - they're all "boutique" these days. :doah:

I only saw the smallest room - it had a very basic kitchenette and the other part of the divide was almost all taken up by the bed. To me, it fell in between a hotel room and a serviced apartment. I.e. the kitchen wasn't really serious enough to be used and was just taking up space.

The signs outside are targeting Japanese. The only farang I've seen walk in there was the guy with the lady boys.

The Key

On the basis of the pics, location and price (3,000 baht/night for a 68 square-meter suite is very good value for money), I booked it for early December before promotional pricing ends.

I have no idea whether it is guest friendly. Considering the location, it's likely to be, but I'm not sure. It's pointless to email as almost every BKK hotel will in the current climate answer in writing there is charge for overnight guests, even if in practice they never enforce it.

I still have plenty of time to cancel if it is confirmed guest-unfriendly. So does anyone know for sure?

Evil

Evil,

I am in contact with the hotel at the moment. Hopefully will get some decent rates in the next few days.

Will be offering Citichic in the next 3 weeks as well.

New full option state of the art website is on the way around 7-10 Oct.

Tim

The Key

Evil

Evil,

Yes its guest friendly and we have it now in our inventory. We have prices for a single period only effective 1 December till 30 April 08. Good rates too.

www.thekeybangkok.com

All rooms are Double bed and seem good value. We have the rates from Dec 1st onwards and they are good rates too. Hotel info and pics will be on the new website as well. Bookable now.

Gold Key( Superior) Double is 2,310 Baht/night inc ABF.

Platinum Key( Deluxe) Double is 2,530 Baht/night inc ABF.

Master Key( Junior Suite) is 3,300 Baht/night inc ABF.

Extra bed for child under 12 is 550 Baht extra. Only Platinum and Master Key have extra bed.

All the best.

Tim

Archived