More Than One At A Time At Immigration Desk

The_Munchmaster

Something I've often wondered about.

Why do couples usually approach the immigration desk together? They've got separate passports, and I'm sure only one person is meant to be at the immigration desk at any time, so why don't they go separately? :dunno:

If I was the immigartion officer I'd tell one of them to get back behind the line. :nono:

Munchie, i take your point but i think some people just think it the natural thing to do if they are arriving as a couple? You may have also noticed some couples where the wife is Thai and the husband farang going together to the shorter "Thai passports" queues? In this case of course one would assume they need to go up together otherwise the farang husband would likely be told to bugger off to the back of the farang queue? :(

Simie.

Munchie, i take your point but i think some people just think it the natural thing to do if they are arriving as a couple? You may have also noticed some couples where the wife is Thai and the husband farang going together to the shorter "Thai passports" queues? In this case of course one would assume they need to go up together otherwise the farang husband would likely be told to bugger off to the back of the farang queue?

I have used the Thai passport line with someone that I was traveling with on business. So no relationship is necessary so long as the person vouches for the fact that you are travelling together.

Archived