Oman, Anyone?

radioman

Had some great help here in the past and now looking for a little more.

Anybody with Oman experience? Initial indications are that visas for Thais are not difficult. If so I will probably try and take a 'consultant' for the couple of weeks I need to be there. Any ideas if this is a realistic idea or not?

Will need good access to the airport for work, how about hotels. I see the Sheraton is closed until 2008. What would be good, Hyatt, Intercon, Shangri La?

Thanks,

M.

Sorry,

I can't help on Oman, the only place I have been there was miles from Muscat, 3 hours drive on Blacktops then another 2 hours across the desert.

People I know who have been based in Muscat seemed to have a good time, but my info is 6-7 years out of date now.

Thanks, know what you mean about the wilds, get to do that sort of stuff too from time to time but try to avoid it.

Your 'People I know who have been based in Muscat seemed to have a good time.." comment is interesting. I've met people in the middle east who went there straight from Lichfield or Bromley or Rippon or some such metropolis and declared themselves in a veritable paradise. I live in Thailand, my aspirations, 'needs' may be slightly different :)

Thanks,

M.

Archived