City Link monkeys lost my passport!!!

wonderlust

My flight from Heathrow is on Monday and my visa was granted but the monkey couriers City Link have lost my passport between the consulate and my house. They're fucking me around saying they're trying to find it without giving me any clue about whether they're just hoping it will turn up under a table somewhere or do they actually know where it is. It was guaranteed to arrive today. WTF can I do now? It's probably too late to cancel my flight so thanks to these pricks I'll be out of pocket by at least £500.

Had to get that off my chest. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Keep up the pressure on the company. Get the phone number of the manager and anyone else involved and make sure they understand your situation. If they guaranteed delivery in time, are they not liable? What does the fine print say about their liability for items not delivered on time? You still have a few days for it to show up thankfully.

Guest lazyphil

they're tosspots, not as critical as this but they were meant to deliver some fishing kit i ordered online, i stayed in all day for delievery, with order number i tracked it online via their website from pick up to getting on the road, then nothing....i ended up going to their depot to collect and gave them an ear bashing but could they give a toss!!!....no

Their liability is £50 maximum and of course I'll be demanding a refund because they didn't meet the guaranteed delivery time. Unfortunately my flight leaves early Monday morning so if they don't get it sorted tomorrow then I'm screwed. I'd have to pay for a hotel in the UK, pay for a new passport, new visa, more expensive flight. These tossers could end up costing me £1000.

Wouldn't shock me if it wasn't lost, but stolen. An inside thief would know it was a passport originating from a consulate.

Used passports are in great demand by forgers for their inside pages, especially ones with stamps and old visas: they make the forged copy look more authentic.

City Link messed me around also. They were suppose to collect a laptop that got damaged. I was using house insurance to get a new one, so had to return the damaged one to the insurance company. It was 4 consecutive guarantees they would pick it up. Finally on the 4th day they came. Goodluck Wonderlust, I hope you get it. Fingers crossed you will :)

Archived