Most wanted paedophile was Bangkok teacher

Famous Grouse

Thats what I was thinking. I was talking about this incident to a friend on the phone earlier. He is taking a holiday in Thailand this xmas.

He gets an AWFUL lot of stick from his family about going to Thailand, especially from his older brother.

He works for the civil service in England and he is often branded a paedophile by work mates as a joke but the mud sticks.

Any argument he gets in to at work they can trump the argument and say that he is a paedophile.

He attributes his regular trips to LOS as baring advancment within the civil service.

The hassle the poor guy gets is intense.

STH

That's a strange attitude, I've never seen it in Australia where thousands of single (and married) men travel unashamedly to the Philippines and Thailand each year for a bit of crumpet.

Possibly the reaction of most Australians, namely to punch the idiots head in, or if he's larger or younger to use the nearest blunt object, is a deterrent to any jokes about pedophiliac tendencies.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll find him soon - with very recent photos on hand, someone's bound to spot him. I'd guess Cambodia, given that it's a bit more lawless, although what he's probably looking for now is some plastic surgery and a new passport... both available in LOS, but even the shadiest doc would hesitate now (especially since the guy has only an English teacher's salary!).

I just hope they catch him somewhere other than Thailand...

That's a strange attitude, I've never seen it in Australia where thousands of single (and married) men travel unashamedly to the Philippines and Thailand each year for a bit of crumpet.

I wish that was the attitude in the UK, but it isn't, the UK media, has for many years taken every opportunity to paint Thailand as the destination of choice for sexual deviants, paedophiles and the home of the passport hungry, mail order bride. STH as pretty well summed it up, if you throw enough mud, some of it sticks, and over the years, mountains of it have been thrown at Thailand and the single males who choose to travel/holiday there. I have always been open with friends/fellow workers regarding my visits to LOS, and have not had derogatory comments made to my face, behind my back however, it was different. Several real friends have told me of comments they've heard made, non of them were too serious, mostly along the lines of 'must be desperate', 'bit of a loner' or 'can't get a shag without paying', non of which are true and more accurately reflect the status of the wankers who made them. One incident however did require matters to be put straight, a guy I knew, felt it his duty to warn a young lady I was dating at the time, to 'be careful' dating me, since I must be a sex tourist and was probably infected with every strain of STD known to mankind. He was spoken to in no uncertain terms, hopefully he learned the error of his ways and won't be doing it again anytime soon, some things you can't let go unanswered.

I'm pleased this nasty paedophile has been identified, I hope he's soon apprehended and put behind bars for life. I don't know where he carried out his crimes, but now the press has linked him with Thailand, all of us who travel here, will, in the eyes of the general public, have our characters unfairly tarnished by his crimes. I would advise any single male over the age of 25, who's thinking of travelling here, to tell the folks back home they're going to Singapore, it's not got a poor reputation that will almost certainly rub off on them.

I am sorry for the ricochets on normal people caused by newspaper reports of paedophiles coming to Thailand and south-east Asia but the facts are that many do, and many obtain jobs teaching here.

Having watched many cases here I can also say that most are acquitted and some repeatedly so.

The victim's families much prefer cash to a court case. Glitter after all paid for the damage to escape rape charges.

One compulsive paedophile was acquitted several times in Pattaya - after high profile arrests - the type where the police show the vicims pointing etc. He was finally convicted and sentenced to jail for 14 years.

He got out immediately on appeal, was arrested again, and has got bail again.

In fact paedophiles prefer se-asia. They can often pay for an acquittal which means they cannot be charged under their home country's sex-tourism laws. I hope this helps you put this in perspective. Yes people come here looking for wives too and just plain sex.

Perhaps you could spread your holidays around a bit, say the Dominican Republic, Lourdes?

I've no intention of choosing my travel destinations based on the prejudices of others, I also travel to Italy, Spain and Morocco frequently, the nightlife has no shortage of opportunities for adult persuits, yet I've never heard of any adverse comment as to why I went there. As for Lourdes, I think I'll give it a miss, it's not my sort of place at all. :)

....As for Lourdes, I think I'll give it a miss, it's not my sort of place at all. :)

"Lourdes has a population of around 15,000 inhabitants but is able to take in some 5,000,000 pilgrims and tourists every season. Lourdes has the second greatest number of hotels in France after Paris with about 270 establishments."

:surprised: That's gotta be some kind of record. Only 15,000 population but 5,000,000 visitors every year!

I'm a little surprised he chose to fly into Cobra Swamp. Where to now for this guy? As someone pointed out already, he's an English teacher, so he's probably almost broke already. That is, unless he's working as a teacher to gain access to children and has some other income source.

Jesus. What must be going through his head right now? Talk about paranoia!

Hope they catch him soon.

>Most wanted paedophile was Bangkok teacher

Mate, its shite like that that makes life very difficult to those who live here. He was *not* a bangkok teacher, and no eveidence has ever been presented that he was. He was a teacher in Korea who *fled* to bangkok.

For fuck's sake.

-j-

Archived