Most wanted paedophile was Bangkok teacher

Famous Grouse

easy to get away with the prejudice

II am dutch, but do not live in holland anymore

I say, now if you go to holland, do you start smoking hash? aor eat magic mushrooms?

the answer is no all the time

then I say, you see thats the image of holland

same goes for thailand...

I just tell them golf is great and if I wanted to have P4P I would better do it here ( legal and not very expensive either)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this guy is toast...no matter where he is. Computerized immigration records at land borders now make it more difficult to exit the LOS without being spotted. Sure, he could try to sneak out of the country, but unless he has some connections, it might be more difficult than just going out in the boonies and crawling through the bushes. The expat community in Cambo is much smaller than the LOS, and he could be spotted much easier than in the LOS.

Anybody who thinks the Thai's aren't "on board" when it comes to FOREIGN pedophiles with Interpol warrants out needs to think again. I happen to know that the BKK police sent a contingent of investigators to Pattaya and, within an hour, assembled 45 Pattaya cops to find a specific room in an unknown guest house/hotel where some pix had been taken...they also were to find the young boys who were in the pictures. Although the pics had been taken almost two years before, within only about 4-5 hours, both the room and the boys were located. And, of course, the perp's registration at the guest house was obtained for evidence. Nice work by the Thai cops...and this case didn't get the high profile exposure that's evident in the instant case.

I predict that this suspect will get caught soon.

HH

josh,

i have the same reaction to the headlines, and the unfortunate fact that the guy chose to run via bkk... the facts *as we have them* don't show the guy linked to Thailand -- but in the end, what are the chances that he has lived in Thailand before, or visited frequently at some point? Unfortunately, I'd say it's a pretty solid bet. The bright side is that to my knowledge Thailand has largely cleaned up the pedo scene, and so guys like this go looking to VN and PP instead.

I don't suppose anyone on the board recognises the guy from the teaching English world?!

Hopefully I'm wrong, the guy's never been in LOS, and he gets arrested ASAP somewhere else...

Sorry, just checked the IHT - they quote the investigator as saying he worked as an English teacher in Thailand, Vietnam, and South Korea... they also ask him to surrender so that things can be "sorted out in a reasonable and adult manner"...

>Most wanted paedophile was Bangkok teacher

Mate, its shite like that that makes life very difficult to those who live here. He was *not* a bangkok teacher, and no eveidence has ever been presented that he was. He was a teacher in Korea who *fled* to bangkok.

For fuck's sake.

-j-

Thank you Josh! I was thinking the same thing and this Grouse fellow took a lot of shit on this board a few months ago for his tabloid writing tactics. Didn't learn, I see.

Regards,

SD

i have the same reaction to the headlines, and the unfortunate fact that the guy chose to run via bkk...

Yimmy, if he is in SE Asia, more likely than not he'll need to connect in BKK to get anywhere in the world. Millions do each year, as the smaller countries do not have many int'l flights.

Simply irresponsible tabloid journalism on the part of FG. And he knows it, cuz he isn't dumb.

Regards,

SD

I am sorry for the ricochets on normal people caused by newspaper reports of paedophiles coming to Thailand and south-east Asia but the facts are that many do, and many obtain jobs teaching here.

Having watched many cases here I can also say that most are acquitted and some repeatedly so.

The victim's families much prefer cash to a court case. Glitter after all paid for the damage to escape rape charges.

One compulsive paedophile was acquitted several times in Pattaya - after high profile arrests - the type where the police show the vicims pointing etc. He was finally convicted and sentenced to jail for 14 years.

He got out immediately on appeal, was arrested again, and has got bail again.

In fact paedophiles prefer se-asia. They can often pay for an acquittal which means they cannot be charged under their home country's sex-tourism laws. I hope this helps you put this in perspective. Yes people come here looking for wives too and just plain sex.

Perhaps you could spread your holidays around a bit, say the Dominican Republic, Lourdes?

I really don't care, I live in Thailand now and take my holidays in Australia. I stay with friends who live in a working/middle class area and most nights we increase the revenue of the local publicans. I've never experiences any abuse, joking or otherwise, because I live in Thailand.

Do you really think that the Pedophile bit still applies here? Most arrests result in convictions followed by further jail time back home. You seem to know of exceptions but they must be a rapidly diminishing minority.

Abuse of children is world wide, not only in third world countries. Western women would prefer to believe it only happens in Asia and journalists realise they read 50% of the newspapers and politicians realise they contribute 50% of the vote.

Archived