Atm machines in 7-11's

Are there any? Over here ( Oh- canada- please-don't tax it all) there are atm's

in all 7-11's as well as most gas stations.

And since it is easy to spot a 7-11 I use

it as a beacon for quick cash.

Barring wwIII I should be in los in November5 for a stay of about 3 weeks and I

am planning to use my visa card for cash

advances instead of traveler cheques.

Ls...

I have seen one or two, though in my experience most 7/11's don't have cash machines. Indeed you are lucky to find one of the 85% (?) that sell Pepsi Max or the 50% (?) that have a dedicated scoop ice-cream fridge.

Convenient it would be, but I for one are glad they are absent as the majority of my 7/11 visits are when pissed and I know when the cash runs out then it is time to go home laugh.gif" border="0

Well I don't plan to visit Mr 7-11 when

pissed. Actually I am just looking for a cheap and quick source of cash. If I do

find the courage to buy out a BG I want

a easy place to find money. And what more romantic a place to haggle about money than at a 7-11?

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: Shit-Spattered Dog ]

"Well I don't plan to visit Mr 7-11 when

pissed".

I never plan to either !! the place just seems to draw you like a magnet. I went out on Tuesday. En route home around 2.30 pm and more than a little under-the-weather I ended up in the 7/11 at the end of the road.

After walking round for 5 minutes I stopped and thought about what I was doing and realised that I didn't want or need anything they had. So why on earth was I in there ??? I am thinking it could be something they're putting in the air-con !!?!

I would bring both your ATM debit card and Travellers checks. Sometimes the ATM thing in Thailand gets screwed up and you cant get cash for a while, only when you need it by the way, so bring travellers checks also. shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Serious Sanuk:

I would bring both your ATM debit card and Travellers checks. Sometimes the ATM thing in Thailand gets screwed up and you cant get cash for a while, only when you need it by the way, so bring travellers checks also.
shocked.gif" border="0

Thanks for that info. I've been once in a larger rural town here and someone dug up the

fiber cable with a back hole just as I was

checking out of my hotel. Well for the next

three days no one in town could use their credit cards, atm or debit cards. I managed to get a cash advance from my boss and used it to pay my hotel bill.

quote:

Originally posted by Serious Sanuk:

I would bring both your ATM debit card and Travellers checks. Sometimes the ATM thing in Thailand gets screwed up and you cant get cash for a while, only when you need it by the way, so bring travellers checks also.
shocked.gif" border="0

Hmmm...those are highly technical terms you are using and therefore I am having trouble understanding. Are you implying that all ATM machines in Thailand sometimes just suddently stop working??? If this is happening to you then maybe you should have a talk with your issuing bank. That is likely where the problem lies.

I use ATM's exclusively and have never had any problems. Almost all happily supply money at anytime of day or night. Only beef I have with them is that a few will charge a measly 3baht for the transaction with no indication (at least not in english) before the transaction is initiated. Seems to happen with ATM's in convenient locations such as 7-11's, Skytrain, Malls etc. Never at an ATM located at a bank (at least not yet). Yes, it's only a lousy 3baht but it's the principle. I feel like it's another one of those stupid ways the Thai's have figured out to nickle and dime me.

Archived