Can you catch STD from DFK and BBBJ?

tpl288

I'm not sure on what basis you say the risk is low. I'm not aware of any scientific studies of receiving unprotected oral sex from someone who performs it possibly several times a day but intuitively (and from personal experience) I'd say the risk is high.

I don't know what you define as 'quite high'. From personal empirical studies I'm currently at around 1% chance for catching gonorrhea from a BBBJ.

Thankfully no empirical results yet for herpes or other STD.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure on what basis you say the risk is low. I'm not aware of any scientific studies of receiving unprotected oral sex from someone who performs it possibly several times a day but intuitively (and from personal experience) I'd say the risk is high.

I don't know what you define as 'quite high'. From personal empirical studies I'm currently at around 1% chance for catching gonorrhea from a BBBJ.

Thankfully no empirical results yet for herpes or other STD.

Mine would be about the same for chlamydia but as it doesn't take me long to get 100 BJs that is a high risk.

Wonderlust, not trying to convince myself of anything. I know theres a risk of infection from a bbbj but I consider it a small and acceptable risk. (Personally I'd rather not bother having a bj at all than have a covered one) Just the same as I know there is a risk every time I cross 2nd road. I'm the same as bibblies in that we both can't understand why some blokes get so paranoid about getting an STD from a bbbj and then indulge in other rather riskier past times. If they are that worried about it then surely the best policy is to not go about with whores? Again not aimed at you personally as you say you don't take those risks but I know many many guys do.

Simie.

I agree with Simie and Bibblies.

Ok.. there is a TINY risk of getting something from a BBBJ.

But the big one - HIV - has such a tiny risk factor its not even worth contemplating. Unless the girl's bleeding somehow from the mouth and you've got cuts or lacerations on your old fella, there's not really going to be a problem.

The girl sucking your pecker is at far more risk of catching something that you are.

The stuff you are more-than-likely to catch from getting a BBBJ is, in reality, at the end of the day, gotten rid of with a course of anti-biotics.

So, if worst-comes-to-worst and you pick something up, you go to the doc, take a few tablets, and sort it out.

I would be more scared of picking something up, and then taking home an unwanted "souvenir" home to the gf or wife at home if I had one. The consequences of that could be far more dangerous (and painful!) than the symptoms you're feeling from the particular greeblie you picked up whilst mongering!

:shocked:

I wouldn't say it's not worth contemplating. According to the wikipedia table (citations cited if you want to check) the risks are 5 in 10,000 for insertive vaginal sex and 0.5 in 10,000 for insertive felatio (with an infected partner). In other words 10 bbbjs are equivalent to one unprotected vaginal intercourse in terms of HIV risk. So on a 2 week holiday it's as risky to have 10 bbbjs as it is to have unprotected vaginal sex once. These risk factors are assessed using couples, not using whores who have 5 dicks in their mouths per day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiv

You guys are hilarious but understandable. :)

Look these working girls are a petri dish of possible germs. I know many guys in BKK and Pattaya that have gotten STD from BBBJ and I know many that havent...

You spin the dial and take your chances-

Thats it thats all..the % chance and all of that is just running on at the mouth. :smirk:

simie and bibblies, it seems like you're trying to convince yourselves of something more than anything. Had a chlamydia test recently? It's an asymptomatic infection for half of guys.

Missing the point (not that I could care that you get it, considering you're making life safer for me by chucking on 2 condoms* every time you look at a whore's mouth :) )

Have you read 'Fooled by Randomness' (as recommended by Gadfly)? The author makes the point that most people are not very good at judging risk dispassionately because emotion will usually get involved. Certain types of events evoke more emotional response (and therefore interference) than others.

*I remember on one of my first trips a paranoid guy talking to me in Rainbow 1 and swearing he was going to use 2 condoms, bought only from Boots. :)

I couldn't give a shit. Keep on putting that condom on for bjs if you want. I talked to a bargirl a few weeks ago who got refused by a guy who was paranoid about the risk of HIV even with a condom. Fucking hilarious.

Then again, there's a 1 to 5% risk of a condom breaking.

Shock horror - soon you won't be able to have sex at all. :shocked:

Archived