Career Change Required

Iâ??ve been in my current profession for 26 years now (30 if you include uni time) and Iâ??ve had enough of it. I definitely feel that I need a change of career before I crack up, although I am realistic about my prospects now that Iâ??m on the other side of my mid 40â??s. Anyway Iâ??ve been looking around for ideas, but until recently hadnâ??t really come up with anything.

However that was until the other day, when I was in a Dubai wine bar and overheard some guys (fairly effeminate ones) mention something called â??fudge packingâ??. I wasnâ??t able to hear any more of their conversation but it certainly got me interested.

After all Iâ??m from Scotland, fudge is a national sweet (with a lovely creamy taste), and the idea of packing the stuff does appeal. OK, itâ??s not going to be very stimulating but if thereâ??s decent money to be made then I think I would be up for it.

Does anyone have any 'fudge packing' experience? Are fudge factories and hence 'fudge packing' positions available in Thailand? What kind of money can be made from 'fudge packing'? I would presume that itâ??s a fairly safe occupation and hence there would be no need to wear any protective clothing?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

There's loads of opportunities available in and around soi sunny plaza,....

Where's that?

....commission only I hear,....

So you get paid per fudge packed. Do you know what the going rate is?

....but the pay should be OK if you can perform, and have the stamina.

I think I could pack a lot of fudge in one day.

Is it like in chocolate factories where you can each as much of the product as you want? What I mean is, can you nibble on the fudge while packing it?

The biggest disadvantage of becoming a self employed fudge packer, is occasionally, one will be required to get ones own fudge well and truely packed. If you have little or no previous experience in getting your fudge packed it could be quite a traumatic experience. Your previous experience in the petro chemical industry should prove advantagous in securing adequate supplies of good quality petroleum jelly which I have been informed is an esential requirment for any would be fudge packer.

Archived