YouTube massacre

Flashermac

This comng Presidential election might be the turning point in regards to gun ownership. There are too many people who would rather see the populace be disarmed even when confronted with a raging serial killer. The right to be able to protect oneself may be a thing of the past. Although some States have changed their viewpoint in regards to being able to protect oneself in that of adopting the Castle Doctrine, but at the same time, there seems to be more and more people who would like to have that right taken away. In some areas of the country, the right to be able to go hunting and/or fishing is something taboo, especially for those under the age of 18.

I agree with you that data has not been presented to substantiate that crime will decrease after the populace has been disarmed. Mexico has one of the toughest gun controls in the world which surprises many people because of the amount of gun related crimes in that country. Washington D.C or Chicago should be very safe but non of the gun control advocates will prove to us the safety of the city by touring certain parts of the city, alone, at night.

Once the citizens are disarmed, what prevents from happening again as to what happened to Natzi Germany?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are various estimates as to gun ownership but I've seen stats ranging from 44 million gun owners to higher. Out of 300 million that is fairly high and those are the legal owners. Who knows the illegal ownership count. Also, there are quite a lot of people who don't own guns but are very much against it being banned totally. I can't see it (banning of guns) being overturned anytime soon. Not even close to being banned I think. The only wide support is for certain types of guns like assault weapons to be banned.

My guess is if the banning of guns was passed, it would be like prohibition in the '20s. There is too much public demand for it. That's why illegal drugs will never go away. There is too much demand for it.

If guns were banned those 44 million (and a lot of those who don't have but don't want to be denied) would simply buy it illegal before the ban and we'd end up with millions without any tracking whatsoever. It would be a law enforcement nightmare. Right now guns are tracked as well as bullets. And of course the cause celeb case where someone defends his family with an illegally obtained gun, which would eventually happen.

Its part of Americana. I can't see gun ownership going away any time soon. Cigarettes are criminalized on television and there is a massive anti smoking campaign that starts with kids, its a cradle to grave campaign and still I see little sign that smoking will go away any time soon.

I have my grandfather's WWI souvenir .32 Deutsche Werke pistol, taken from a captured German officer. As far as I know, it hasn't been fired since 1918. I also have my grandfather's New Model Army Colt .36 WWI issue revolver, which he carried working for the railway and as a "special policeman" (= reserve). Then there's my father's WWII souvenir Strakonice semi-auto, made by a Czech worker and smuggled out of the arms plant piece by piece during the war. The Czech swapped it to him for a carton of cigarettes. Haven't fired it in decades. Also in my room are a .577 Enfield rifle-musket made in Liverpool in 1862 and captured by Stonewall Jackson's boys from a NY regiment they surrounded at Chancellorsville; my Colt single action .22 revolver I got one Christmas; a .25 Colt semi-auto my grandmother carried in Al Capone era Chicago, when the cops were worthless for protection; a Hero derringer manufactured by Manhattan Arms in the 1850s; a .22 cal Sharps pepperbox from the same period; a Mosberg .22 target rifle from the 1930s; a replica .58 cal muzzle loader carbine from my brief CW re-enacting days and a .36 replica Colt Navy revolver I also used.

Now if some pratt wants to come and tell me I have to surrender them, I will promptly beat his head in with the Plains Indian warclub that hangs on the wall at home next to my Navajo blankets!

:onfire:

You might have to surrender your weapons someday. Maybe sooner then you may ever suspect.

Cities are pasing their own gun regulation such as we have now in Washington D.C., Chicago, New York City, etc. And then some States are making it harder to own a weapon. One shift is toward having gun owners get a concealed weapons permit. Another is passing laws that make ownership impossible. New Jersey is such a State.

If the Democrats win the next election, expect major changes in gun ownership.

There is also pressure from the UN to disarm the World, which also includes the USA.

New Jersey has been f*cked for decades. I remember when a kid got hold of his father's legally purchased pistol - which idiot daddy had left laying around the house - and shot somebody. NJ prosecuted and convicted the owner of the sporting goods shop that had sold daddy the pistol and had followed NJ law to the letter. The kid wasn't to blame, daddy wasn't to blame ... the shopowner was!

In Arizona they are always trying to change the laws. Recently I went and bought a gun. The gun dealer contacts the government which says yes or no on your purchase. In my case, I got neither, I got a hold. If the hold can not get resolved in 3 days, the purchaser gets his gun. Not so at this store. They wait 10 days. After 10 days they check with the government again and if the government can not say no, you get your gun. I got the damn gun, but if they had said no, I would have gotten back 80% of what I paid for the gun. Why the delay? It appears if the government has any bug up their ass about you, they will delay the purchase. Being a free government, there is no way to contest the special treatment.

frink.jpg

The waiting period was designed for two purposes: 1) to allow for a background check to make sure the purchaser had no criminal record or mental health problems and 2) as a cooling off period in case the purchaser was extremely pissed off and was about to buy a pistol to blast someone (especially husbands and wives).

Archived