Pattaya Hotel rates to rise?

yfs

Nothing to laugh at. There are plenty of quality end resorts and hotels in Pattaya and it's not surprising they want to expand that.

I understand that their are a few decent resorts in Pattaya, having stayed at a few myself. Shit, there is a new Le Meridien going up in Pattaya :shocked:

I love Pattaya but the reality is without the nightlife the place is a shithole. Take away the whores and the place isn't going to survive on falang families visiting high end resorts.

Indeed there are high end resorts and hotels there. But what amazes me is why? :confused: Don't get me wrong I've had many good times in Pattaya in the past and there are many decent people there both visitors and residents. But its basicly a place to go for cheap whores and beer. The beach is shit and if I wanted to have a holiday in an upmarket expensive or relatively expensive resort I would'nt want to go (especially if I had a family) to a place containing a high percentage of whores, druggies, moronic low lifes and crooks.

Simie.

I once had a similar attitude but then I wondered why there were so many Russian couples and families in Pattaya and looked at what they were doing and it's easy to see why they come. There are quality restaurants, golf courses, nearby attractions like the tiger zoo, water sports and one of the most beautiful but least publicised islands in Thailand (Koh Larn) within easy reach. Pattaya isn't just a few gogos and beer bars.

Wonderlust, very true I must admit there are other attractions such as restaurants and golf etc. But I think one of the things that would put me off if I was a high end tourist is the fact its simply not as attractive as places such as Samui or Phuket? I certainly don't have a total downer on Pattaya, as I said before I've had many good time there, but I just can't seem to get my head around the using the words "high end" and Pattaya in the same sentance?! Its a funny one really because I think the night life and other aspects are interlinked. Many people who go there to play golf and frequent the better restaurants etc also frequent the naughty nightlife to one extent or another. But it seems to be also unavoidable that where you have such a large sex industry in a relatively small area you will also attract a large number of low lifes?

Simie.

There are lowlifes everywhere but I haven't seen many in Pattaya over the past month or so. A few fat bastards and tattooed wankers but maybe they're really nice people? Most people I see are very ordinary-looking holiday-makers. The average high end package tourist has everything laid out like a resort with a nice beach to the north or south of the main beach road strip, a day at the spa, a day at the massage parlour, a day of golf, a few days on an island, a night in the gogos, nice restaurants, decent shopping. Most of them obviously love their stay in Pattaya and go back to Russia telling all their friends it's a must visit.

:yeahthat:

I can't believe that someone's trying to say that Pattaya's a great family destination because a load of Russian couples and families come here. They've got no fucking idea! It's probably the first time most of them have been anywhere judging by the number of them I see taking photos of themselves in front of simple shops. They are not the most sophisticated lot. :)

They just get sold a cheap package deal like my mother and father were over 10 years ago. How Wonderlust knows what they say to each other about Pattaya when they get home, I don't know. But I know what my mother and father said and it wasn't complimentary. :)

Things are getting worse. There was a fucking night market type thing in the middle of Walking Street tonight. It's getting Patpongised. :mad:

There are lowlifes everywhere but I haven't seen many in Pattaya over the past month or so.

You haven't seen them? I must have been unlucky. :)

I came here late on Sunday and have seen 4 fights so far with a couple of arrests.

Whereas in over 3 months of being around the bars in Bangkok I didn't see any trouble...

Most of them obviously love their stay in Pattaya and go back to Russia telling all their friends it's a must visit.

I just love how you know this. :D

Pattaya's in a bit of a catch 22 situation really. Take away the whores, crooks, scumbags and moronic arseholes and your left with the restauarants and golf courses with hardly any punters loads of empty hotel rooms and a shit beach. Because most of the punters who use those facilities as repeat vistors to Pattaya also want the naughty nightlife to one extent or another. As Bibblies said most of the families and couples you see trouping along beach road and walking street have never been to Thailand before and probably never even heard of Pattaya. They just took the cheapest Thailand package they where offered. And few of them will return to Thailand and most that do it certainly won't be Pattaya. Pattaya's bread and butter is repeat male tourists, many may eat in the nicer restaurants, some may play golf but the bottom line is they choose Pattaya because of whats on offer other than that. There are plenty of other places in the world to eat out or play golf that have better beaches and less arseholes. And I don't see that being fundamentally changed by one time family package tourists or Chinese tour groups spending bugger all on top of their all in group holiday?

Simie.

Archived