Ieng Sary detained.....hope he frys...

BKKanalist

Yep sounds like our fault.

Regrading Kissinger, GWB, Cheny, et al. I will gladly welcome any international body that wants to try them for war crimes, I have said so many times. Trouble is, it is easier for people to bitch about Americans rather than go light a fire under the ass of their government officials to do something on a world level.

See, you have all these "neutral" countries that never really take a stand or get involved. Of course, the individual citizens of these countries are NOT neutral, and are indeed pissed off about the world situation. YET, when we get down to brass tacks, No one in or outside the USA will do anything about it, thus empowering these dip shits to keep on doing it.

Kissinger, Rumsfeld and a few others are NOT welcome in many places, and *might* even be arrested in some places...yet the world in general will do nothing to them. Not even the self righteous citizens of the "neutral" countries. Who Bitch about the USA, but never actually try to do anything about it.

How about McNamara? He supported the VN War to the last day and was responsible for dropping the intelligence/education standards so low so he could conscript or enlist another 100,000 men. Then years later he comes out and says he didn't really believe the war could be won, but he had to be loyal to LBJ.

Gee, thanks a lot, butthole. :(

As I said, I have no problem with people being held responsible for their actions, be they from my country or another. I think in many ways, it would benefit the USA to have some of these guys tried, as it would show we are willing to admit fault, and play by the rules we expect others to follow. It might help restore some of our credibility.

the next one:

PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Rifle-toting Cambodian police arrested ex-Khmer Rouge President Khieu Samphan on Monday, the latest member of Pol Pot's inner circle to be detained by the U.N.-backed "Killing Fields" tribunal.

The French-educated guerrilla leader was whisked from a Phnom Penh hospital by police convoy to the court compound to face Cambodian and international judges probing one of the 20th century's darkest chapters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSBKK8935020071119

Yesterday night I took a cab in Paris (the whole public transport is on strike in France) and we started to talk about Asia - me in English he in French. He was a Chinese-Cambodian who was rescued by the Red Cross and flown to France when the Khmer Rouge went down. His whole family was killed by the Khmer Rouge and talking about it he became so agitated that it took 10 min. for him to write the receipt when we arrived at my hotel.

It is about time that the leaders AND the upper and middle ranks of the Khmer Rouge will come to trial.

I wonder how many of the Khmer Rouge still hold political positions in the villages and towns all over Cambodia?

Archived