Good grub in Pattaya?

Big Kev

Looking forward to next week's Pattaya trip. Been over three years since I visited.

I'm sure I'll do fair amount of street stall dining, but also wondering if anyone has favorite restaurant recommendations?

Where to get good steak? Seafood? Mexican? Schnitzle? Sushi? Dim Sum? Anything else.

Thanks all.

:D:D

Sticky rice - sidewalk vendor. 5 baht. Some good fresh fruit out there too.

There is a posting someplace here about a Texas Barbeque restaurant someplace near Soi Diana. You should be able to find it if you make your way from 2nd Road to Lolita's !

The restaurant with the best value for money right now is Cherry Restaurant on 3rd Road (almost opposite X-Zyte disco). You get around 5 courses for 395 baht, including a dessert. Mainly European food, but Thai food available too. Extremely well-presented, and great food. The chef used to work at Bruno's - one of Pattaya's very best, but expensive restaurants.

For steak, the best in Pattaya is said to be Manhattan's at the top of the hill on Thappraya Road. Very expensive, but some of the best steaks you'll find anywhere.

For me, I find the steaks at Nang Nual (just past Tony's on Walking Street), very acceptable, and just 350 baht for a 300 gram sirloin plus baked potato and veggies.

I've eaten at some of these and the rest recommended by locals.

SUSHI: Zen (top of Royal Garden Plaza), Fuji (Big C & Carrefour), Yamato (Soi Yamato)

GERMAN/AUSTRIAN: Zum Simpl ( N. side Ptty. Tai between Bch. Rd. and 2nd Road), Bauhaus, Domicil - (both on 2nd Rd. near Soi 7.), Bei Gerhard (in Naklua on Soi 33 on the R. just up from the Dolphin.)

ITALIAN: Trattoria Toscana (Bch. Rd. just S. of Soi 6 :)

FRENCH: Ma Maison (Soi 13 near Bch. Rd.) Breast of Duck at poolside.

MEXICAN: Blue Parrot (Soi Pattayaland 2)

STEAK: Manhattans, Mata Hari (both expensive - Manhattans offers limo pickup). Cheaper would be Patrick's, Beefeater (both in the Soi Diana Arcade at 2nd Rd.)

And yes, I too like the CHERRY :thumbup:

-redwood

Tried Cherry's on Friday night and can recommend it. Good food, good service, good surroundings and good price. The 5 course set menu is 425 baht. They have Thai food also.

I started going to Cherrys when it first opened, a few years ago. Sometimes I'd be the only customer there. I touted it heavily on boards, as the Thai owner was a chef at Bruno's and taught by the owner.

You can get a steak dinner for as little as 200-Bt; and the menu offers many selections. I was in there a few weeks ago with a friend from BKK. I was shocked. Every table was packed with customers. Obviously, they still provide good food and good service.While it is not a 5-star restaurant it does offer great value! FWIW...eat inside, rather than outside, and avoid the road noise from 3rd Rd

One of the larger collection of Thai food stands and food vendors is located on Thapprasit Rd, about 1/2-km west (beachward) from Sukhumvit. Food stands open every night and even bigger Fri-Sun eves when the enormous Thai market is open near the food stands.

Didn't make it to Cherry's while in Pattaya last week. But stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort, whose rooftop restaurant is supposedly a branch of Cherry's.

Food was good, though not really anything to rave about. And whoever was cooking the American breakfast needs to be taught how to scramble eggs.

:D:D

For a slight different setting, go to the Markland Hotel, located on Soi-1, with the entrance about 50-meters up from Beach Rd. Use the elevator to right after entering the door to the lobby, and go to the 27th floor (top of the building). There is an inside restaurant and to the right is the door to the outside rooftop venue. Eat outside at sunset...a great view of Pattaya bay, none of the Beach Rd traffic noise and relatively cooler on warmer nights. Markland has good food and a fairly extensive menu. Prices are moderate...at least they were the last time I went there.

One of my favorite place for once-in-a-while visits with a special gal or friends.

Archived