Where did it go?

Flashermac

I finally went over to Pathip Plaza at Ngamwongwan and it's a lot like the Phetburi Panthip minus the touts!

I got some Euro-Talk DVDs and did what the instructions said: download Alcohol and open the file on the DVD. Okay, so now I've got 700 meg less free space on my C drive, but WHERE IS THE EFFING FILE? I can't find the thing, can't open it and since I can't find it I'm stuck with 700 meg less space!

:cussing:

So where is the farking file or at least how do I get rid of it?

:onfire:

If there has been a cock up and the file isn't present on the DVD thaen this will not help.

But if you can actually see the file then look for the one you want to open that has an .MDF extension on the end. My eurotalk program is in a folder called 'Learn Thai'

So basically,

1. Run the Alcohol progam.

2. on your desktop go to start then 'my computer' right click on the CD and select explore.

3. Double click on the folder e.g. 'Learn Thai' Go to the .MDF file that you want to open and right click on it and there should be an option saying mount image. select this and the virtual drive you are mounting it to (mine is F:) and it will run automatically.

Well at least my eurotalk program does.

I hope your files are physically present otherwise you'll have to go and have a word with the vendor.

The files are there all right. And I get an F drive listed. But it says the F drive is empty.

So where'd the 700 meg file go?

Alcohol is a virtual CD drive. That's why you now have an F drive. You have to "load the CD" into this drive and you would with a physical drive. More info here.

You need to find the CD image file (that's the 700Mb file). It is obviously on your machine somewhere. Easiest way is to do a search for any file name (*.*) that is over 500000 bytes and created within the past month. You can enter these parameters into the search function in Windows. You'll likely end up with a file with a .mds or .mdf extension, but it could also be .bin or .cue.

You should be able to right click on the file and get an option on that menu to "mount" or load the file into the virtual CD drive (your F drive). Do so. Then the file will be available to use as you would a physical CD.

Cheers,

SD

Archived