Thanksgiving dinner locales?

Big Kev

In Pattaya last week, I saw poster at Bob's BBQ advertising their T-day dinner special for 500 baht.

Then at Bourbon Street in WS today, they were hyping their own T-day spread for 800 baht. And it looked like they were offering on Friday as well, for 50 baht less.

Both Bob's and Bourbon Street are good restaurants and probably worth the price.

Anyone know of other spots serving Thanksgiving grub? It turns out I'll be in BKK one day longer than expected and wouldn't mind some turkey and fixins' tomorrow.

:D:D

I hate to say this, but I never found a place in Thailand that could really lay out a good Thanksgiving spread. For example cranberries is something Thais are not familiar with. Dressing is virtually unknown. I love bread, prefer rolls, with my meal and if it should be bread, it shoud not be the cheap, white bread stuff.

I love my turkey baked with stuffing. Thais have a tendency to cut the turkey up and fry it or boil it.

I love pies with my Turkey. A nice mincemeat pie goes just fine. So does a cherry pie.

A quart of milk to wash everything down fits the bill. Thais look at you as if you are raping them if you try drinking more then one glass of milk at a buffet.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Bourbon Street on Soi 22 on Thanksgiving and the food was terrific. For traditional foods the turkey was very tasty, as was the stuffing, cranberry sauce and the mashed potatos were some of the best i have ever had. They also had a wide selection of cajun choices, lamb chops, rib eye steak chunks and blackened shrimp w/ noodles, and salads/soups as well. the desserts were varied w/ pumpkin and apple pie, pumpkin creme brule, chocolate cake, and others. I walked/rolled out of there quite stuffed. I went to Tulip MP just prior to work up an appetite.

both are highly recommened for the future.

Archived