jobs in america

belfastish

To get a work visa in the USA you would need the backing of a large corporation, like US Steel or Microsoft (M$) or some company like that.

M$ brings in foreign workers all the time so they have the US visa dept in their pocket.

I would expect for a small company to get a work visa would be very difficult and expensive, especially with the high unemployment in the USA.

Check the "help wanted" of the internet (monster.com, etc) and large US newspapers. Worth the price of a stamp to mail out your CV.

im a cnc machinist currently making aerospace parts in brisbane,im very happy here but i just wandering how hard it is to get a job and visa in usa?

i have 2 criminal records just silly drunk stuff,is it true you cant enter the usa if you have a cr?

thanks

I guy I know just got back to Australia from the States and he had bulk form. Not only silly drunk stuff but crime stuff as well.

im a cnc machinist currently making aerospace parts in brisbane,im very happy here but i just wandering how hard it is to get a job and visa in usa?

5555555555555 Since Bush took office the US has lost 20+% of its manufacturing jobs. Chrysler just laid off 12k employees, for instance. The US basically does not make anything there anymore. They sure are not gonna hire an expat to do a locals job when so many are out of work. Well, maybe an illegal who'll work for $5/hr, but not a guy like you who would want a proper wage!

I'm sure a tourist visa would be no problem should you like to go and visit, tho'.

Cheers,

SD

Hi,

Why US ? after 9/11 it changed 360 degree's. It is no more the "promised land" with the $ going down the shoot :shocked::shocked: .

OZ is any any day better then US, I worked on & off on project's with Telstra and I find OZ is far beter than US.

I moved out 3 yr's back from US. Look for a job in Euro or China ......

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

High unemployment rate in the United States! Thats news to me the average unemployment rate is 4.7%. Take a look at this http://www.bls.gov/ most European countries would love to have a unemployment rate that low.

Of course this varies from State to State also depending on the industry your in.Some States would be better then others to work in.Geting work is not a problem,the problem would be the work visa

Archived