New bar Soi 33

bkk_bob

Went to a new bar in Soi 33 last night named The Office Bar. What a great place, probably the best array of women I’ve ever seen in one place and the draught beer is 59 Baht all night. It's in the car park next to Degas Bar. I spoke to the owners, a couple of Aussie's, they told me they want to change the image of Soi 33 and offer value for money not like in the past. I think if they keep going the way they are, their going to blitz them. I’ll be their tonight for sure.

BKK_BOB

quote:

Originally posted by Khun Sanuk:

Hi,

You sure, you are not one of those owners?

Sorry, but I get a bit suspicious when seeing someone's first post a raving report of a bar.

Anyway, if you are one of the owners, just say so. I have no problem owners mentioning promotions or openings.

Sanuk!

I think that you might have sussed this one out KS.

I popped in last night.

My impression was that it was OK but not great.

Fairly large place looked a bit like a UK pub, no doubt by way of Melbourne or some such.

Girls were the typical Soi 33 IMO. They did appear to be fairly friendly and enjoying themselves.

Carslberg was 59Bt.

Has been open about 3 weeks i am led to believe.

Do not know if this is a regular occurence but i was offered a potato. Boiled ones covered in butter made a nice change to peanuts and popcorn.

It could have had something to do re the party on the upper floor.

Music was just OK pool table upstairs.

No food, but they will send someone outside for some

For me the biggest downside were the acoustics.

Though certainly not full very very noisy.

Must have something to do with the structure of the building and the high ceilings.

Overall yes i would pop in again, but the acoustics would stop it from being my only hangout

On the subject of soi 33. the 'New' Christies has had to alter its format slightly.They were trying for the high end nice, even serving canapes soem of the time.

Now pool tables have been put in, the music changed and no longer background music but loud and bowls of popcorn are now offered again with the drinks

Not that it was bad IMO.

The other thing i noticed last night in the Soi was that it seems to have become the preferred area for the indian community.

every bar i went into had a group, except The Office and if not for them the places would have been empty.

I do not recall seeing them in such numbers in the past.

perhaps they are becoming less shy and fully integrating into everything that BKK has to offer

Hi,

I have checked this bar out also and the girls told me there are two owners and one is called Bob, so K.S is right on the ball when he spotted the post from the owner. As phiketpete suggests it is not a bad bar , nicely decorated , the girls are friendly and i would go back, the beer is cheap at 59 baht but all other things are normal soi 33 prices, black soda 120 baht , ladies drinks 180 baht. One interesting thing is the bar fine goes down progressively as the night goes on, One more handy thing is it has a place to park your car right outside as the bar is built right in a car park

''phiketpete'' I also noticed the growing number of bearded Indian Sikhs with the turban's in soi 33 lately also, They have plenty of cash to burn as well,

Racha,

Archived