Mall on 2nd & Soi 13

Damen

So I checked into my usual haunts on Soi 13 and noticed that a new mall has sprung up at the end of the Soi at 2nd road.

Was I that fucked up in April that I didnt notice a construction site? :drunk:

Or did they put that all up in the past 7 months?

They had the Grand Opening for the new mall while I was there in NOV - looks quite pretty at night and they've got a nice California WOW fitness center right there as well (which sadly wasn't open yet while I was there).

I was there in JUN/JUL also and recall them doing constuction then - but it does seem that they put it up pretty fast.

I also recall CT talking about that planned new Mall quite some time ago, hope he gets back to see it soon.

If your cravings for expat food are causing delerium and anxiety attacks, the Villa market on the ground floor has about the best selection of farang delectables (I am talking about food and not poontang)in Ptty, make sure to hit the ATM before entering.

The so called bagels in Villa suck. They are just bread dough made in the shape of a bagel. They have Lender's frozen bagels, also, but they suck too. I'll hold off on bagels until I get back to New York.

They have a large selection of bread and rolls but they are tasteless. Foodland's bakery, in BKK, can't be beat.

The little salad bar is a joke. There is not much in the way of prepared fruit or juices like Carrefour has.

Outside of the frozen food dept. ready made sandwiches and a few canned goods, I don't see anything much, at Villa, that can't be bought at Tops or Carrefour, cheaper.

I think it's a pretty cool looking mall and want to see a movie there. Lots of coffee shops and different levels to walk around.

They have a large selection of bread and rolls but they are tasteless. Foodland's bakery, in BKK, can't be beat.

If you find "Danish Bake" (local brand) their mass-produced baked goods are OK. Villa (at least in BKK) carries them.

For boutique baked goods, hard to beat Custard Nakamura on Sukh 33/1, next to the Bull's Head. Usually some nice J-girl "yummy mummys" as customers :grinyes: . But alas, that's BKK too (sorry).

I never did get the appeal of bagels. Rock hard lumps of dough that makes my jaw hurt. Just give me the lox & cream cheese on a cracker or melba toast...

Cheers,

SD

Archived