Taxi to Pattaya from new airport

lifesabeach

Having read good reviews on these guys on another board, I tried them twice during my recent NOV trip.

Really good value for a private Limo, 1200 baht, they'll be there waiting for you and they even have a cold Chang ready for you as well.

Here's their Web site and you can also book using their email address (seen on the site): The Limo Pattaya

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is 900 really that optimistic or ancient?

Just a few weeks ago, walking in Sukhumvit Soi 19 out on my way to the bus station, I got 1000B very easily from a taxi. And that was one of those taxis that wait constantly outside a hotel. It was in the middle of the day and I wasn't making that much effort at bargaining. And the airport's closer to Pattaya than Sukhumvit 19.

Isn't there some sort of free shuttle service from the airport anyway? :dunno:

JMHO,

Have only been "Down the Beach" a couple of times in the past year or so and both times from Suk....always let my "side kick" negotiate.

Both times it was 1200 + tolls... but "She" only rides in Taxi si chompoo...lol...

Maybe I'm paying a premium ...for the pink bits...5555

Coming back....no doubts at all...but even from the Airport 900 INCLUDING tolls seems an extra good deal.... shit I remember paying 700 from the Old Airport to Patts in the early 90's

Any way....not my business...to coin a very Thai phrase..

Was just curious as to how recent the info was....

Maybe next time...I should do the negotiating...lol...

Cheers DS

I like a nicer ride and not at breakneck speed...yeah, I know, I am not in the best country for this...

For those of you looking to get to Pattaya as fast as possible, PM me & I'll give you the number of my driver; Mr Oat. Nice kid and he has a Honda or some other rice burner, complete with the spoiler and all that shit.

He drives like a bat out of hell from the airport to Pattaya for 1000 baht, tolls included.

I give him a 100 baht tip if he gets me there in one piece. :content:

• 2 weeks later...

Alternatively, you could make a donation to the Board, become a board sponsor and I'm sure there are lots of guys who would be more than hapy to assist and provide sufficient information that could quite possibly even save you the cost of the donation in your first trip

No pressure, but it's well worth thinking about

Cheers DS

A donation for better or more information? Hmmm. I doubt that's necessary. Most taxi drivers will drive to PTY for the asking price of 1200. Just pay it and forget about donating.

Alternatively, you could make a donation to the Board, become a board sponsor and I'm sure there are lots of guys who would be more than hapy to assist and provide sufficient information that could quite possibly even save you the cost of the donation in your first trip

No pressure, but it's well worth thinking about

Cheers DS

A donation for better or more information? Hmmm. I doubt that's necessary. Most taxi drivers will drive to PTY for the asking price of 1200. Just pay it and forget about donating.

• 2 weeks later...

I paid 900 baht on December 26 and on the way back on the 3rd of January I paid only 800. The lower price was because there was a "Free tolls" for about

10 days starting from December 27 up until January

7th.

The return is usually by arrangement with a taxi co I use in Pattaya. If I stay overnight in BKK and want to go to Pattaya by taxi, I can call and book it with the same taxi co.

Anyone interested can contact me for their number, I have used them many times.

Another much cheaper way to get to Pattaya is via the bus from Ekammai Station in BKK, its 117 baht plus theres the 30 baht ride in pattaya on the baht bus.

Cheers

Archived