U.N. says patience running out with Myanmar

Flashermac

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

cambridgeshire, norfolk, suffolk, essex all make up east anglia, yes i think there was/is? a west anglia railway but as a recognised region its only known as east anglia...possibly parts of southern lincolnshire could be considored east anglian. north norfolk is my dream retirement place. 50's england still exists!

Myanmar, Darfur, as well as other similar places in crisis either don't get the attention until too late or never at all. The UN either drags its feet or some country, usually China or Russia (although the U.S. hasn't on occasion been a hindrance in some cases), on the security counsel vetoes a resolution.

Very little or nothing will be done. I hate to sound defeatist but its par for the course. In places like Bosnia when there was action thousands of people were already dead. Even that took too long for action.

Sadly, its just the way it is.

Guest lazyphil

Burma (i suspect the military upstarts renamed it Myanmar??) has been on the radar for years, only nothing gets done. Isn't there lots of natural resources there to plunder--weird how 'we've' not marched in.....

Burma (i suspect the military upstarts renamed it Myanmar??) has been on the radar for years, only nothing gets done. Isn't there lots of natural resources there to plunder--weird how 'we've' not marched in.....

Well 'we' held Burma until 1948. Funnily enough it was the British that brought the Indian and Chinese traders in (Burmese chappies made good coolies but that's about it). Too late to change things now.

Guest lazyphil

yes i look forward to being forcefed chinese slops and being trained to draw globs of flem from deep within and spitting them out!

australia is a dreadful place, canada too, and as for that godforskin shithole bermuda,,,,yep we really fucked up!

yes i look forward to being forcefed chinese slops and being trained to draw globs of flem from deep within and spitting them out!

australia is a dreadful place, canada too, and as for that godforskin shithole bermuda,,,,yep we really fucked up!

Well Canada and Australia worked out once we got the pesky natives sorted onto reservations. I don't think there was anyone on Bermuda to complain. It's always the same old story...white man's burden...you do your best for them and the buggers want independence. Next thing you know they ask for passports!!

Archived