Why do bars employ ugly girls?

Ranger

OK guys, maybe the wording of my original post was a bit harsh, but my question still is why would a bar employ a 45 yr old grandmother to dance on a go-go stage? Maybe let her serve drinks and give motherly advice to the customers, but for God's sake, don't put her up on stage. The grannie at Long Gun is an execption as she is a BKK institution.

In the states, I ran a chain of auto parts stores that specialized in delivering parts to mechanic shops. We always hired female delivery drivers and the younger and cuter the better. The horny mechanics would order the parts from the stores that had the hottest looking delivery drivers, thus increased business for us. It didn't matter if our prices were a bit higher than the competition as the guys just wanted to flirt with the cute, young girls.

Same principle in the bars, I don't want to go in a bar to watch someone as old as my mother dancing on the stage! I'm not saying that old, ugly fat girls don't deserve to make a living, but don't make me watch them dance naked (or nearly naked).

Ranger

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I barfined this Tilac girl one year ago after a 25 hour trip. I was washed and just needed a drink, not a girl, my Johnny badly needed some sleep before being able to handle a TG.

I told her it was a no-go, some other time maybe... She worked on me, showed all the bad things she would do to me and she had a superp body. In the end, she convinced me and of we went.

On 19 trips, she was the best, did whatever I asked. To my surprise, she was 41 years old. Grand Mother? She doesnot have children and is not married, I could be Grand Father anyway.

Don't put all over 40 years old in the waste bin unless you flush yourself if you get to that venerable age.

I agree with the previous posters that quality has decreased as I went thu three go go bars before I found a decent looking girl yesterday. When I was in a hair salon getting a shampoo today, I asked the young girl to meet me after work. The owner overheard and she said, "hey this no bar, you cannot take girl out". I said I know this no bar, that's why I am trying to meet pretty girls...

Ah Ranger - you stole the "Snap-On Tools" approach toward selling auto parts!!!!!

I agree with posters who differentiate between "old" and "ugly".

I just returned to BKK from Mukdahan, visiting my 18 month old son and my estranged Thai wife. My son's oldest brother (half-brother) is 27 years old.

My wife worked at "Tilac Bar System" (Tilac/Butterfly/Black & White/New Loretta) off-and-on from age 24 to age 39, when I bought her out (in 1997). Later, I learned that she was actually a couple years older than her paperwork stated.

I'll never live with her again (she's too violent), but just hanging around her home looking at her, she still looks better to me than 90% of the young girls dancing in the go-gos these days.

After I split up with wife, I ended up for a while living with a 42 year old Thai lady who I mostly knew from shooting pool at New Wave. Unbelievable body - I had always assumed (from afar) that it was the work of a great plastic surgeon, until I "delved" deeper - 100% real. WOW! This lady had spent several years as an exotic dancer in Stuttgart and Amsterdam, and was a natural show-woman.

The really amazing thing - it turned out that she had worked with my wife at Tilac Bar back about 1990!!!

I really would like to have a chance to go back and look at all the dancers of Tilac Bar circa 1990 - it must have been one hell of a place!!!!!!

"Let the good times roll!"

B-Fly BKK

While I don't understand why anyone would let them dance on stage half nekked, many Pattaya beer-bars employ an older woman or two. Some of them would qualify as "ugly." I used of often wonder myself why anyone would pay them to work at a beer-bar.

They pretty much run the place. Often they are not managers or mamasans, just regular bar-girls. They don't barfine, they get very few lady-drinks, but if anything goes wrong they step in and get things straight in no time at all. Problems among the girls, between girls and punters, drunk farang--any of these things get out of hand and one of the mamas steps in.

Also, they all play a mean game of Connect-4.

Win-win for both sides, I suppose. Bar owners have someone they can rely on to keep things going, and the mamas make more money - and have more fun - than working in the rice fields.

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

This is off-topic, but it still kind of baffles me that some very ugly/old ladies

still hang around the free-lancer bars night after night, with (at least what seems to me) ZERO CHANCE of getting a customer. Like in Thermae....the same ones sitting there, and i feel sorry for them, but are they sitting there because they just have nowhere else to go? Who knows, maybe they do have a 0.5 chance of getting a certain kind of customer, but man, is it worth it to them to go there every night and just sit there.

Archived