Why do bars employ ugly girls?

Ranger

I was in Tilac the other night, and on one stage were 4 of the most hideous hags that I have ever seen in a bar. One of them had to weigh at least 80 kilos (OK, maybe there are a few chubby chasers out there). But the other 3 were just butt-ugly. One had to be 45 years old and was thankfully wearing a one-piece bathing suit that covered her substantial paunch. Is there that big of shortage of girls? If I was a bar owner, I'd be a bit more choosy about who I let dance. What's the upside to hiring these girls? Nobody's going to barfine them and nobody wants to watch them dance except maybe to make fun of them.

Ranger

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

give them a break ranger, ugly girls need

to try to make a few baht too. also do

you ever think that bar girls dont sit

around and say to each other just how

fat, ugly, and revolting some of the farangs

are. look in the mirror.... mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Listen to me now as I explain how it all works!

" In the beginning there was just God his engineer and 10 guys with nothing to do. They all lay around lazy everyday and played cards and did sports. God saw the situation the world was in and thought it was not the way he wanted it. So one day he called his engineer for a meeting, - Do you have a solution to this problem? asked God, -Yes I have a new invention I call Woman said the egineer. -What is that? God asked, -Well it can be a quite fun thing, why don't you take one home over the weekend and try yourself? the egineer gave a woman to God to check out. On monday God came back to work with a big smile and instantly ordered 10 of these things called woman.As it happen they all came in different size colors and shapes, some more pretty then the others. God then gave the women to the guys and at once the whole world changed. They guys started holding up doors for the ladies, buying flowers, fancy meals e.t.c. God saw this was good and his intention exept for 2 faul looking girls that none of the guys paid any attention to at all. Then God invented Alcohol so those 2 girls got laid as well! "

quote:

Originally posted by dcraig:

give them a break ranger, ugly girls need

to try to make a few baht too. also do

you ever think that bar girls dont sit

around and say to each other just how

fat, ugly, and revolting some of the farangs

are. look in the mirror....
mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

I would suggest that you meet him (Ranger) in person , as well the rest of us before commenting on our looks or appearance.

BadaBing

I think there is some logic to hiring these girls ( ugly is a pretty tough word, I would refer to them as "stale")

some guys have pretty low self esteem ( none of us of course!) and for their first time on the "scene" in los, they probably would feel more comfortable talking/asking "out" one of the less desirable girls.

I see lots of guys walking hand in hand with what I would consider "stale goods" girls.

that said, theory #2 is they ( the girls) probably hump like caged rabbits. smile.gif" border="0

Why do bars employ ugly girls? Why does God employ ugly guys? Hey, what is a guy with a missing eye and a vietnam shrapnel limp gonna do with his last 1000 baht? Take an ugly girl longtime! Some of those uglies will give you the greatest time of your life too. Not that I would know of course. smile.gif" border="0

Mykal

Ugly is kind of a subjective thing. Different strokes and all that.

I would think that a bar might be at the mercy, so to speak, of the whims of nature. Since you, as a bar owner, can't go out and round up the pretty girls at gun point you're stuck with the ones who apply for jobs at your establishment. Some years you get a good crop, other years not so good. If you're too picky your bar has no girls.

Just some random thoughts, as I have no clue how to run a go-go bar (although I'm willing to learn laugh.gif" border="0 )

PhordPhan

P.S. - I suspect the previous posters may be onto something. My experience has been that the less-than-drop-dead-gorgeous ladies try harder and tend to have better attitudes overall. However, I will admit that I've not seen the particular girls in question.

[ December 21, 2001: Message edited by: PhordPhan ]

Archived