Gordon Brown Unpopular..why?

Steve

Because

5) He has been supporting the Scots through free dental care' date=' university grants at the expense of the English[/quote']

Incorrect. The Scottish Parliament has full autonomy over Health and Education.

Exactly, but the Scots are not funding their healthservice, most of the money is coming from the English taxpayer.

I dont care one way or the other, Either you have a Scottish Assembly where they fully fund their services using money raised by Scottish citizens OR they bow down to the English Parliament in which the English will fund their services, seems to me they have the best of both worlds.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont care one way or the other, Either you have a Scottish Assembly where they fully fund their services using money raised by Scottish citizens OR they bow down to the English Parliament in which the English will fund their services, seems to me they have the best of both worlds.

What English parliament? :confused:

The BRITISH parliament which is supposed to represent the BRITISH Isles, where money is collated through taxes from English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish taxpayers and distributed evenly.

But wait, there's a SCOTTISH assembly, a WELSH assembly and a IRISH assembly which have the power to dictate laws and taxes in their local lands.....fine. No problem. But it irks me that my tax is being used to fund Scots who are accorded free Dental care, free tuition that I wouldnt get in England....

Incorrect. The Scottish Parliament has full autonomy over Health and Education.

Yes true but all the money comes from England to pay for it.

Why do you bother to post such drivel? :rolleyes:

Why do you bother to read and reply to it. Something got your back up ? Wait ? it coulndt possibly be that your Scottish ?

Guest lazyphil

i'm not sure how it all works. however i do think scotland england wales are ulster should go it alone totally. raise taxes and provide services, armed forces, health care etc etc independently.

All taxes in the UK go to the treasury in London. Public spending is then distributed throughout the country in such a way that the Scots get 20% more per capita than the English. The Scottish Parliament has the authority to vary the rate of income tax by 3% but this has never been used. The Scottish Parliament controls spending on Health, Education, Agriculture and Justice in Scotland. Source.

When does the next elections have to happen by?

4th May 2010.

If present course continues will he stay in power? Is there any possibility of a vote of no confidence? How formidable will the Tories be?

A poll conducted today gives the tories a 12% lead (43% compared to Labours 31%). In addition 60% of voters are dissatisfied with Gordon Brown. A change of leader by Labour in 2009 is a distinct possibility but a vote of no confidence (in the House of Commons) is unlikely.

Why do you bother to read and reply to it. Something got your back up ? Wait ? it coulndt possibly be that your Scottish ?

I bother to read it because I'm a member of this board and that entitles me to read whatever I want. OK?

I bother to reply to it because when someone posts something that is completely untrue such as, "Yes true but all the money comes from England to pay for it", then I feel the need to reply to it. OK?

P.S. Did you enjoy losing on Sunday? :rotfl::rotl:

Archived