Cops Keep 'Katrina' Guns

Steve

Interesting stuff. Never heard about it. Of course, there seem to be very conflicting stories on both sides with respect to the Katrina seizures. And I can see the rationale in not allowing guns in an emergency facility, on public transportation, etc., packed with people. And especially in a place like N.O. which is famous for its criminal elements.

Thanks for the info.

HH

In some cases, they don't need search warrants. In the chaos that reigned during the storm/flooding, no courts/judges were available. Exigent circumstances may have existed. Maybe known gang headquarters? Looking for looters? Looking for injured citizens? I have no idea. Questionable whether anybody here knows for sure.

I don't recall anybody on the board reporting from "ground zero" during or after the event.

HH

[color:red]"In some cases, they don't need search warrants. In the chaos that reigned during the storm/flooding, no courts/judges were available. Exigent circumstances may have existed. Maybe known gang headquarters? Looking for looters? Looking for injured citizens? I have no idea. Questionable whether anybody here knows for sure.

[/color]

Fox network showed honest citizens being handcuffed while their homes were being searched for weapons. If the person was a criminal, the criminal would be arrested and the weapon(s) confiscated. But in this case, only weapons were confiscated. That is why some States have passed laws so such activity can not happen in their State.

One of the shitty aspects of these seizures is that once the weapons were seized, it was permanent.

Archived