Interesting email

frede

From Dean's collumn

Hi Dean, Last night, new year's eve, me and a group of expat friends ( 8 total ) went to the Mandarin club in Nana Plaza to finish the night. A majority of the guys in this group are regular customers of the place and big spenders, leaving 15K+ bills regularly.

One of the guys disagreed on a 125 baht vodka bill, he paid it, everyone saw him pay it but one of the mamasans insisted that he didn't. No big deal the night went on ( as usual quite a few bottles were opened and paid for ).

Except that when the 125 baht bill guy went to the bathroom he got assaulted by the "security service" dragged outside and badly beaten up, blood pouring all over the place and so on... Lucky for him I was leaving the place with my Thai gf and we stopped the beating. (of course no explanation, no "pay now or we hit you")

So if you want to get beaten up for a small side bill you already have paid, I strongly recommend The "mandarin club" in Nana Plaza.

Replace Nana Plaza with Walking Street and posters come out of the woodwork using an episode such as this why one shouldn't venture into Pattaya. :whatever:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thais are easy to handle in my humble opinion. Easy to reason with and easy to swing around to a non-violent end.

It's all about the old naa. Arse kissing doesnt work either. Its got to be two way. Make them feel special and make damn sure they think you are too. My wee story regards the bouncers is a take on that. Fuck with me, you lose tomorrow and surely you too hard cunts aren't fags. A few wais thrown in and a joke and bosh, they are your best mates buying you heinies.

Just gotta maintain that equalibrium.

Seriously though, in all these years, I've only ever had one reason to really lose it with a Thai and that was when the largest Thai Ive ever seen tried to rape my then girlfriend. The cops arrested him, couldnt prove anything and I battered him senseless infront of his mates on his way out the cop station, his mates new he'd done wrong and did nothing. The colonel dragged me inside and gave me a rigth bollocking.........he agree mind, as he later told me.....when he was the best man at my wedding!

Just noticed this same thread posted on Thai Visa. Some of the replies are fucking typical of TV. Heres two of them;

"Another thing on my mind is that why so many people especially farang like to go

out in these kind of places surrounded by liars and prostitutes , I could not imagine

the energy surrounding this place , I don't feel sorry at all for the guy , I'm sorry ."

And

"Is it just me or what? if you are hanging around in bars full of hookers, you can expect that they certainly arent the 'nicest' of places to hang around, and one would have the expectation of them being a tad rough. i mean (yes, i know this is thailand) who would hang around in a bar full of hookers in their own country and call it a 'nice' night out?"

Ok, thanks for that pearl of wisdom. You may resume your cross stitch now, thanks.

So there you have it. We deserve to be beaten up if we hang around in 'those places'.

Archived