Anyone doing offshore software development?

enigma

I'm curious if anyone here is using their laptop and broadband internet connection to do software development for farangland companies. And without a work permit. I don't expect anyone to confess that they're living in Thailand illegally, but maybe you know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy?

I'd like to hear about what your experience/success has been doing this, and if you make a decent/reliable living doing it.

Many people are making money with their internet connected computers in LOS, methinks :smirk: I would consider it essential, to resist the urge to bragg to anyone in the 'real world' as to what you are earning or doing. What they don't know, won't comeback and bite your arse, jelousy seems to be rife in LOS.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

You are referring more to freelance development â?? not true in ODC. :alert: I spent half my career, more than 15 yrs, managing ODC (offshore development centers) based in India. Moved from US to set the company and at once time(1993). We had more than 2,000 s/w engineerâ??s, :surprised: life is hell when are heading the company as you need to partially work 18 hours a day, (local time â?? India, EST or WST in US) besides traveling a few time across the globe in a month â?? that how I came to know SE Asia, and Bkk when the GSM was opening. :):)

Even though it is killing job with a good pay â?? it is like your addition to your work. Like - LOS. I am still based in India as COO for a telecom product company and given the first chance if time permits on weekends I just hop to Bkk; :):) it is worth the money and a break.

Cheers

Archived