Kuala Lumpur to BKK and back

aesthete

I'm going to be flying into Kuala Lumpur, around Feb 13th, and will be ready to go to Thailand sometime around the 18th of Feb. I'll need to be back to Kuala Lumpur for my flight home March 20th. What's the most efficient way to travel? I understand I can book reasonably cheap airfare between KL and BKK. Should I consider a train or bus for the adventure? anyone done such a thing?

Last time I was in the LOS I only saw BKK and Pattaya, and this time I'd enjoy taking in more. What are some good options, and what are the dangers/risks/drawbacks?

Any help will be, as always, appreciated.

If you've a decent wedge in your pocket, no better way to do that trip than the E & O. It's £940 each way :yikes: but worth it IMHO. There's a normal train too, but you have to change lines in Sungei Kolok or Butterworth or something like that. No big deal, just a bit of a hassle.

I would NOT do the bus because of the issues in the Southern provinces.

I've also driven from KL to Sillypore to Penang and then to Songkla and back to KL on long CNY/Eid holiday. In a dark purple Lotus Elise :cool: (gotta love company perks!). With a hot Chinese babe :sex: ( I wonder what ever happened to Evon?). Great fun: fine scenery, good folks, nice roads, easy drive -- a memorable trip indeed.

So you could always rent a car and do it that way. But you'll have to find your own hot Chinese bird to travel with 55555555.

Then there is the more pedestrian way of flights on Air Asia (cheap), or TG or MH (civilized).

Cheers,

SD

A few questions -

Is air asia really this cheap? the flights are listed as being about $20, which seems like it's just got to be wrong. If I do that, should I buy in advance, or should I buy when I want to travel?

I'm not so interested in the ballin' express. Dropping that much money for a 600 mile journey seems a little much. but how expensive are the regular train rides, and how comfortable are they? should I book those in advance?

thanks, guys

I was in KL for a boring business conference thing 2 years ago and nipped to BKK for 48-hours bad behaviour :drunk: while no one was looking. :applause: Did the Air Asia KL-BKK return: booked it well in advance on the internet Air Asia site and they sent me an e-mail attachment ticket thingy, no problems at all. And, yes, I remember it was alarmingly cheap. Can't remember exactly how much, but $20 one-way sounds not unlikely, mate. :up:

Have fun. :beer:

jack :help:

Archived