Is Europe a country?

teddy

Not6 Sure myself and I have never been to Europe and have NO plans to go! Don't like the weather etc.

I prefer to go where the weather suits my cloths!

another one who has no clue about Europe!

southern spain or italy and northern norway is re weather more different than Florida or Southern California with Alaska!

And at some European beaches the chicks wear less than in Asia or especially in the US, since the puritans left Europe in time. :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

alaska and florida have significantly greater weather differencials than norway to costa spain. since when was spain closer to the tropics, you know super hurricanes, tropical storms and such, spain hot and dry yes but further extremes like florida?

and if we include the animal kingdom diversity to reflect climate differencials. Alaska, moose, black bear, grizzlys, cougers, wolves. Florida, aligators and manatees!!!!......LP drifting off topic again..... :smirk:

but Europe can get crazy weather at times.

Hurricanes and the like are not a European thing but we do see the after effects like El Nino and Hurricanes from the Carribbean.

animals are another matter as many species are indigenious to their Continent.

no tigers in Africa or Kangaroos outside of Australia(unless exported).

Guest lazyphil

animals adapt to and reflect the climate. although why lions have such thick fur baffles me!

the grand canyon, a relativly small area has flora and fauna (found within the park boundrys) found in central mexico and central canada so diverse are the weather systems and altitude.

in california i've been in 4 feet of snow in the foothills of mount whitney then within less than 2 hours in 115f (and it gets hotter!) heat in death valley.

peru was my most facinating natural history observation i had. on the same lattitude i saw penguins on the pacific coast/atacama desert, the mighty condor in the colca canyon in the andes and flocks, huge flocks of parrots in the amazon jungle.

Archived