Super Tuesday Thread

Steve

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What looks curious to me is Mr. Paul still running, without any chance - do he has nothing other to do? :dunno:

Its more principle than pragmatism. He knew he had no chance when he started but by the response to his campaign so far, he has done far better than people thought he would. Something to build on in the future. He now has national name recognistion and a sizable following. Neither of which he had prior.

I think Hillary had to be happy she got the two big states, NY and California. Obama must get some big states. There's a good chance he'll get the 'chesapeake primary' states of Va., DC and Maryland but he needs one of Ohio or Texas. Pennsylvania will go to Hillary probably.

Like a lot of us on here, I don't hold a lot of regard for the average, no know nothing voter (which is an arrogant thing to say) but I am a believer in democracy and that the people should have their say, right or wrong. The use of these superdelegates is designed for the party bosses to keep power and it takes the voice away from the people.

The founders' knees got wobbly as well when they created the elecoral college. A little understandable since there was a high illiteracy rate in those days and even though it was the landed gentry that could vote, there were plenty of semi-illiterate landowners in the countryside to worry anyone.

I liked this comment from "Slate".

"We expect both Obama and Hillary Clinton to be respectful to the Fox News Channel and to 'The O'Reilly Factor.'...The Fox News Channel is the dominant force in cable news, and in prime-time news in this country. If you dodge the Fox News Channel -- which has treated both candidates fairly, by the way -- if you dodge us, it is at your peril."

-- Bill O'Reilly, courting appearances by the Democratic candidates

Archived