2000-year-old Buddhas destroyed

I am sure there are killings perpetrated today by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims, midgets and vegetarians. That does not mean there are organized groups of vegetarians who as a matter of policy kill people and it is facile and slanderous to imply that "killing" of non believers is a matter of policy and practice of organized Catholicism.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by franatla:

I am sure there are killings perpetrated today by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims, midgets and vegetarians. That does not mean there are organized groups of vegetarians who as a matter of policy kill people and it is facile and slanderous to imply that "killing" of non believers is a matter of policy and practice of organized Catholicism.

Well, I was trying to explain that anyone can be brainwashed to posses the "right thinking" and that "other thinkers are erring", from there on a need to convert the others may arise and that will leed to countries flags being burned publicly and people shouting in the streets "kill x". These manipulated people then become supporters of terrorist and are recruiting ground for "suicide bombers"

That's how innocent children turn into murderers (martyrs or heros or terrorists)

Originally posted by pattaya127:

"BTW, i have this pix of a thai woman kneeling in front of a Buddha while having a conversation on her cell phone: THAT's Thai Buddhism! (circa 2001)"

Which reminds me of one of my pet theories on the root of corruption. I believe in many cultures corruption is rooted already in their respective religions, or at least what people make of them:

Isn't it a form of corruption or nepotism when someone prays in front of a statue and says, well, oh Lord (Buddha, Krishna, Vishnu, Mother Mary or whatever), I will give you this garland of flowers (or whatever sacrifice), but please will you do such and such a thing for me? Of course, this kind of give-and-take attitude then will spill over into all aspects of society.

Just my theory.

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

quote:

Originally posted by franatla:

Pray tell when it has last been the policy or practice of the Catholic church to kill "unbelievers."

I will need to correct what I said:

"Idiots like those who teached me that crap must still be around in great numbers" into " Idiots of any belief who teach such crap today must still be around in great numbersa"

Which means there are still people out here, who are not fanatics of any kind, who believe the killing of "infidels" is "good"

And Franatla do you really believe there are no more killings today perpetrated by believers of the Catholic church????

quote:

Originally posted by Ashman:

I doubt wether they would care anyway as it's not in Thailand.

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: Ashman ]

Not one of your best post, Ash. There were indeed some demonstrations in Thailand before the taliban shot the sculptures down. And you live in BKK!.....

Archived