Hotel suite or 1 BR in Lower Suk?

Raven

Any suggestions for a large hotel room with a separate sitting area or a 1 BR suite in the lower Suk area? I have stayed at the President Park on Suk 24 and quite like it (tulip suite), but the location is not so good. Have to take a cab anywhere you want to go. I think the Windsor Suites on Soi 20 are not guest friendly. Royal President OK?

Just a few nights. Not a month or even a week. Would like to stay in the 2500 baht or below range, but you get what you pay for.

I have a Thai gf who is into threesomes, but she gets tired and wants to go to sleep while I finish the round. So a separate sofa or sleeping area is needed.

I always stay at Majestic Suites. It's right round the corner from Nana plaza and a few minutes walk to the BTS.

Rooms are about 1200 baht a night and the place is guest friendly.

Street noise can be annoying, but the place is clean, staff are friendly and the food is pretty decent too.

www.majesticsuites.com

I always book through www.thaihoteldiscounts.com - they seem to get cheaper rates.

James - I stayed at the Majestic Suites several years ago. I recall that the rooms were not suites at all. In fact, the regular room is quite small, while the superior room is normal to slightly small in size. Have things changed?

I will agree that the location is convenient, it is guest friendly, and the staff are quite courteous and helpful.

Yeah, the 'studio' room is barely larger than the bed, some walking room around it but that's about it. I got a free upgrade after spending a few days in hospital with acute bronchitis - and that room was huge.

I was happy that the place was so clean and the bathroom etc was nice quality.

Service was excellent. I stayed for about 20 days last time, and got to know one of the girls that worked in the cafe/restaurant downstairs. She ended up taking me out to the movies, clubbing and to JJ market - lovely lass.

Unfortunately she saw me take a BG home one night, and I got a taste of that famous Thai girl temper. She didn't speak to me after that and stopped giving me extra bacon at breakfast time :(

Might be more than 2500, but Novotel Lotus has big full suites, they're showing a little age but they are one of my standard fallbacks. Basically guest-friendly (at least I've never had trouble, and have certainly dragged home some girls at 8 am or so that no hotel would want in their lobby - and frequently two at a time).

I've stayed at the new Sofitel Grand Sukhumvit (some confusing name like that) and had small but nice enough two-room suites.

YimSiam

I don't recommend Bright City Tower, small rooms, not much separation from 1 to the next. Other than that, a decent place to stay.

The Presidential solitaire (name off?) on Soi 15 (?) is nice, especially the court wing. Big suites, multiple T.V. VCR DVD etc... Was 2500 a night a few years back. Also try the Grand President on SOi 11.

Lower end (the places I can afford) On SOi 4 is Nana Thai mansion, decent size rooms, bed room and living room are separate. should be around 1000 a night. Way down Soi 4, near the Tobacco monopoly.

Archived