Wow, only 16 and 7 kids already!

teddy

Triplets born to teenager - again

By Daniel Schweimler

BBC News, Buenos Aires

A 16-year-old Argentine girl has given birth to female triplets - for the second time.

The girl, named only as Pamela, had her first set of female triplets aged 15, having first given birth to a son when she was just 14.

All seven children were born prematurely but without any kind of fertility treatment.

While doctors say the three newborns and their mother are well, the case has sparked debate across Argentina.

In bars and cafes, as well as the letters pages of newspapers, there has been widespread criticism of Pamela's alleged promiscuity.

Pamela's family already receives help from the provincial authorities, which donated land and built them a house when the first set of triplets was born.

Pamela's mother, who cleans houses to support her daughter and rapidly increasing number of grandchildren, says they will now seek more assistance from the government for the new additions to the family.

Some Argentines are arguing that perhaps what Pamela needs is more advice on contraception.

The teenager, who will be 17 on Monday, comes from the remote town of Leones in the central Argentine province of Cordoba.

A colleague back in the States saw a girl about 14 year old cashing a government check. When the girl left, she ask what a 14 year old was doing with government checks. The teller told her it was the gal's payment for having an "out-of-wedlock" kid. The gummint pays child support until the kid is 18. One kid is not enough to live on though, so the gals have to have at least two more. The idea is to spread them out a bit, so the money keeps coming in after the first one turns 18.

Ain't that a wonderful system? :p

p.s. This was a white teenager, so no racism is implied.

Teenage pregnancy had shot up accross all ethnic groups. Its no longer a social stigma which went a long way into girls being extra careful.

Out of wedlock births were actually fairly low amongst blacks before the welfare system kicked in. My parents said it was very unacceptable, as the church was very big in the community at the time.

I dated a girl a long time ago that had 3 kids by the time she was 22, all 3 had different fathers. I double bagged it as we used to say. I didn't want to be the 4th and the last man pays. She was cute and frisky so I had to...hehehe.

Guest lazyphil

shes setting a trend to amass a new army!.....actually, imagine if argentina decided to swoop into the falklands now with all our troops in the ME we'd be buggered, or the falklanders to be more precise would be.

my argentinian friend spoke cadidly to me about the war saying it was totally pointless and stupid as no argentinian actually lived there!!

<< Out of wedlock births were actually fairly low amongst blacks before the welfare system kicked in. My parents said it was very unacceptable, as the church was very big in the community at the time. >>

I've seen arguments that Welfare nearly destroyed the black community. I worked with a black sergeant major who was very pissed off about that. He blamed the War on Poverty for the fantastic rise in unwed mothers and kids growing up in "projects".

Archived