"I will definitely not get involved in politics."

Mentors

I saw a foreign reporter interview Thaksin on the plane on the way in. He asked all the right questions except one. He asked things like will you enter politics? aren't you really just pulling the strings from behind the scenes? Thaksin had a pat answer for all of them that he wanted to live out his life in peace with his family. The journalist left out the final, most important question that would have neatly put Thaksin in a trap of his own words: "Since you say you are staying out of politics, then why is it you recently offered to be an advisor for the govt?". He would have been so toast!

I read in a German paper this morning that the new Chief of Police is the man whose son is a murderer. His son seems to be the guy who shot a policeman in a bar . Which again seems to qualify the murderer to become consultant to the Ministry of Health . Clean career , is this really true ?

Very strange that people even seem to like this kind of behaviour , Berlusconi from Italy is leading the polls by far at the moment .

I read in a German paper this morning that the new Chief of Police is the man whose son is a murderer. His son seems to be the guy who shot a policeman in a bar . Which again seems to qualify the murderer to become consultant to the Ministry of Health . Clean career , is this really true ?

Sadly, it's true. Not a good role model for young honest Thais who would like do something with their life's.

actually your german paper is as confused as the new government!

1. the guy in question is not the Chief of Police but the new Interior Ministor who also supervises Police Forces

2. his son is not a murderer (cleared by a court) as it is quite legal in thailand for kids of high ranking politicians to shoot policemen or ordinary people

3. not the shooting kid is now working for the ministry of health but his elder brother. he proved that he is a effective "helping hand" in the shooting holding the shot policeman; otherwise his brother would have missed!

Archived