U.S. Air Strike In Somalia

Steve

He did ask and you didn't.

You disappoint me, Steve. I was hoping you were halfway as smart as you think you are but its starting to seem like you are nowhere near as smart as you think you are.

Anyway, you implied that I think America is always right and asked that I prove otherwise by pointing out where I posted criticism of America. I replied to the effect that the absence of any such post is no proof that I think America is always right. This was quite directly a response to your post, Steve.

Please tell Chuck.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did he address your point Steve?

chuckwoww, he doesn't. In another thread he made a statement about the national race that McCain had more of a share of the independents than Obama. This race has gotten my interest and I recall on a few occasions hearing and reading that Obama had the greater share. I produced a link stating otherwise from an accepted neutral source and he poo pooed it saying 'his experience' said otherwise and denied the validity of polls, even though everyone else uses them religiously.

No crime in being wrong. I'm wrong on here at times and in need of being corrected. I've gotten facts wrong, my recollection isn't the greatest at time. Also, there are some things that can't be proven. We can debate it ad nauseum but you can't win it. However, when someone can't even acknowledge they got it wrong after being shown facts to the contrary, it addresses something more than knowledge but integrity and honesty.

chuck,

He calls people 'leftist' whenever there is a criticism of the U.S. in a post. He does not know if that poster has made an favorable remarks about the U.S. but he makes a decision about their ideology nevertheless based on the post(s) he's seen from that person.

So, using his own (implied) logic, isn't fair of me to ask if he has any posts that is balanced (meaning criticism of the U.S.)? He will say use the use of my term 'America is always right' as a litteral meaning. Intellectually dishonest to do so. Of course there are no absolutes. Even the most strident critic of America can come up with something worthwhile we've done.

He apparantly has either an advance degree or high test scores from what I can gather which (and its only a guess) that he's one of those types that is usually the smartest one in his class so he's used to being 'right' all the time.

There are a few of us on here who could state the same.

.... he makes a decision about their ideology nevertheless based on the post(s) he's seen from that person.

Good example of that on the 'US Marine kills puppy' thread. He just met Fiery Jack. :)

Gentlemen' date='

I would surmise that on this forum the vast majority of posters will assume that almost any member stating support of the US in almost any post, and (worse) even the "lets wait and see" response, is seen as [b']outright and blind[/b] support for the US Governments either past or present position. This is regardless of whether it is blind or not.

(I get that all the time about the war in Iraq. People like Fidel will take exception to anything I post because I have been there in the service of the military and completely dismiss the repeated position (To some of you in person!) that I dont think we should be there at all.)

And it looks like you all are doing that here. It is not so bad when the Right Wing gets taken to chance by the Left and vs versa, but it is a poor thing when the moderate does.

Guest lazyphil

america is like my older drug dealing cousin (analogy here!) we seldom see each other and we're not all that close but he saved me from a kicking (WW2) but i know he can be a shithead bully but deep down hes a good guy but i dont like hear people slagging him off and not saying anything nice about him.:crazy:

It is not so bad when the Right Wing gets taken to chance by the Left and vs versa, but it is a poor thing when the moderate does.

Collateral damage Corinthian. I consider myself a moderate, centrist, something along those lines. If people see the entirety of your posts they'd see you're a moderate. Unfortunately we sometimes jump to conclusions based on the specific post or our passions get the best of us.

If you get it from both sides then you're doing your job as a moderate. :thumbup:

Archived