Tourist visa to Oz for TGF

BUDDY3

Greetings all,am currently "waiting" for decision on application for tourist visa(3 month)to OZ for TGF.

Have done everything suggested but still we "wait"

I'm back in Oz, TGF Bangkok.

Written letter of support, have bank statements, photos together and with Family,photocopies passports showing travel together (Singapore, Malaysia. Cambodia and Myanmar)

Relationship now 12 month old.

Tgf has regular job Bkk.Letter from employer.

Who makes the decision is it Thai caseworker or Au embassy official???

WHY??? is it so hard considering some of the rabble Australia accepts.

Are Thais considered "HIGH RISK" of overstaying or doing a runner??? Just want to bring TGF out for holiday at this stage.

They have made it much harder now ..not just for Thais..

The DIMA case officer will decide what happens ...at the interview make sure you have your stories straight...when where and how you met..even small details like we went for lunch at bla bla restaurant etc ..get it down pat as they ask some questions from left field...

If you can ..apply through the Parramatta DIMA they are a bit easier then the city...good luck

Are Thais considered "HIGH RISK" of overstaying or doing a runner??? Just want to bring TGF out for holiday at this stage.

Short answer is YES, especially if young and female.

Thailand ranks up there with PI and Eastern Bloc Countries as High risk areas.

Letter from Employer is important as it shows cause to return, as would (for example) owning property.

Cheers & good luck DS

Hi Again all,

She's got it !!! Coming to OZ for 3 month

(Thanks TB and others for advice)

But I need translation.

SMS:From TGF:

Hi darling(some) grantad 04mar 08 must not arrivb affbr 04 jun08 sinlb travbl, holdbr (s)pbrittbd to rbmain inaustralia for 3 month from day of arrival, is ok my love,?

Am I correct in thinking this visa is valid for entry up to and including 04 June with max 3 month from date of entry ?????

Also will TGF need to show proof of funds on arrival ??

Hi Again all,

She's got it !!! Coming to OZ for 3 month

(Thanks TB and others for advice)

But I need translation.

SMS:From TGF:

Hi darling(some) grantad 04mar 08 must not arrivb affbr 04 jun08 sinlb travbl, holdbr (s)pbrittbd to rbmain inaustralia for 3 month from day of arrival, is ok my love,?

Am I correct in thinking this visa is valid for entry up to and including 04 June with max 3 month from date of entry ?????

Also will TGF need to show proof of funds on arrival ??

Would be a good idea to have that as a backup ..this would have been done at her interview any way...

Yes max three months ..must not enter before the first date and must leave on or before the second date..

Congratulations.

>>Am I correct in thinking this visa is valid for entry up to and including 04 June with max 3 month from date of entry ?????

... yes, I accompanied my mate's gf back to Oz recently. She arrived a week before visa expired and got her 3 months.

>>Also will TGF need to show proof of funds on arrival ??

.... not sure, but tell her to tell immigration that you are waiting outside in arrivals hall.

:beer:

I would make sure she has a few thousand $ (Aussie) on her when she arrives, and that you are at the airport waiting AND she has your mobile in case of a last minute problem.

Coach her to get anyone/someone to call you if she is asked questions, DONT wear sexy clothes. (HEr not you)

Archived