Gaza: Thousands celebrate Jerusalem attack

rogueyam

Gaza: Thousands celebrate Jerusalem attack

Palestinians distribute sweets in celebration of Jerusalem terror attack as Hamas promises 'this is only the beginning'

Ali Waked Published: 03.06.08 / Israel News

Gaza's streets filled with joyous crowds of thousands on Thursday evening following the terror attack at a Jerusalem rabbinical seminary in which eight people were killed.

In mosques in Gaza City and northern Gaza, many residents went to perform the prayers of thanksgiving.

Armed men fired in the air in celebration and others passed out sweets to passersby.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3516031,00.html

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ham-ass calls it heroic. The guy walked into a school full of unarmed kids about 15 years old and started shooting. Maybe they'll award him a medal - posthumously.

p.s. Yeah, yeah, yeah ... we're about to hear a chorus of "But look at what the Israelis do". I don't care who does it, it's disgusting.

I'm sure in a day or two the equally heroic Israeli Defense Forces will shoot a few missiles into a crowded Palestinian neighborhood, taking out a few dozen (mostly) women & children, under the guise of defense or killing some #2 man in Hamas or something like that.

Both sides are disgusting. And bull headed. And idiotic. And the farthest thing from heroic or even ethical. They deserve each other.

Regards,

SD

I'm sure in a day or two the equally heroic Israeli Defense Forces will shoot a few missiles into a crowded Palestinian neighborhood, taking out a few dozen (mostly) women & children, under the guise of defense or killing some #2 man in Hamas or something like that.

Hamas deliberately uses civilians as human shields and many of these civilians are willing participants. These tactics are effective because the Israelis seek to avoid Palestinian civilian casualties and when such casualties occur anyway those civilian deaths are effectively wielded as a propaganda club against the Israelis by the Palestinians and their Western apologists.

The Israelis do not use human shields ever for moral reasons and such tactics wouldn't work anyway since Hamas is equally happy to kill civilians as soldiers, and when they do kill Israeli civilians Hamas' Western sympathizers downplay the heinousness of Palestinian terrorism via false moral equivalence with Israeli actions, often actions of an entirely hypothetical and unrealistic nature.

The bottom line is that there is ultimately no moral equivalence between the accidental killing of human shields during military attacks targeting legitimate objectives and the deaths of civilians during terroristic attacks deliberately aimed at those innocents. None whatsoever.

The Israelis do not use human shields ever for moral reasons and such tactics wouldn't work anyway ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israeli-use-of-human-shields-is-judged-illegal-509907.html

The use of human shields was ruled illegal which may explain why the Israeli response has become less selective. Not excusing what just happened in Jerusalem or whatever the response will be.

Hamas claims deadliest attack in Israel in 2 years

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Hamas Islamists who control the Gaza Strip claimed responsibility on Friday for the shooting of eight students in a Jewish seminary in Jerusalem, the most lethal Palestinian attack in Israel in two years.

A gunman killed the students late on Thursday at the Merkaz Harav religious school in Jerusalem, but the Israeli government pledged to press on with peace talks with West Bank-based Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Hamas's rival.

"The Hamas movement announces its full responsibility for the Jerusalem operation," a Hamas official told Reuters in Gaza. "The movement will release the details at a later stage."

He spoke on condition of anonymity and the group released no official statement. Israeli officials had no immediate comment.

Link

Rogueyam will be along soon to say 'See what animals they are.' I can understand where he's coming from. Israelis good, Palestinians bad. For me itâ??s not that simple. Itâ??s the Middle East. People there donâ??t see things quite the way â??weâ?? do. Martyrdom is respected. The Palestinians doing the celebrating see nothing wrong with it. Israeli values are more Westernized perhaps. Thatâ??s the root of the problem IMO. Whatâ??s needed is a solution.

Rationalize all you want if it lets you sleep at night. We both know that's so far from the truth it isn't even funny.

I defy anyone on this board to come up with a response to my post that is more lame than this one, even when doing so deliberately.

The use of human shields was ruled illegal which may explain why the Israeli response has become less selective. Not excusing what just happened in Jerusalem or whatever the response will be.

That article reletes to an entirely different type of "human shield" than that which is under discussion on this thread.

Archived