late night venues

aesthete

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a highly nationalistic/xenophobic nation, the elite being the worst of them. All of it is bullshit. Do you think the 'elite' don't drink/smoke/have licentious liaisons? By now everyone should realise a double standard exists, tell the public, don't do 'this' and 'that'...bring in laws to support your publically espoused diatribe, then do whatever you want whilst the simpleminded lap it all up...and feel self righteous and justified.

Absolutely true, but their greedy. I am wondering who will prevail: (a) the xenophobic hypocrites or the (B) licentious hypocrites who have economic stakes in Bangkok's nightlife?

Your right that it would be a mistake to assume that some sort of rational policy maker trying to acheive identifiable, let alone laudable, goals is behind any of this (consider Chalerm). It's all about money and face and who knows-what-else (well actually, I can think of one other thing - the stars; Thais are big believers in astrology; how is that for rational policy making).

To quote the movies, "I have a bad feeling about this". It has the feel of Thaksin 2001 all over it - just when things were getting better as well (come back junta, please).

Nana and Cowboy were closed early but I know Thermae and Spassos went on until about 2.

This policy is, of course, stupid. Lowlife spills on to the streets, drunk men grabbing and hugging giggling whores and vice-versa. Alcohol on the street with all that that brings... Just crap. :thumbdown:

Even if they want the 'quality' tourists, there are still inconveniences like Bed club now insisting on seeing your passport before you get in. Farang first time visitors were walking away not impressed.

I suspect that they simply want families that they can herd into shops and then back to hotels for watered-down food and bed. :shakehead

Archived