late night venues

aesthete

i'm sure this is a regular cycle here in bkk, but in the middle of my vacation, the police have harassed all the awesome late night venues into closing early. so far, the only spot (besides walking the suk) that i know is open late is Spicy, and that may be done by now for all I know.

Spice Club, where I was having a full blast until 5-6 am, is closing at 2. So is Angel Disco. Salty Dog? which I hadn't even gone to yet seems to be closed for good, we dropped by there at 12 and it was closed. I thought thermae had a rep for being open late, and it's also packed up early.

any places i'm missing?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry mate, not on a public board, with guys like "ghelseth" reading. I'm sure he'll call the coppers on that too. Too bad some folks don't get the tradeoffs of the third world and are determined to ruin it for everyone...

Regards,

SD

What about Bamboo on Soi 3? They were open after 2am last time I was by there, which was a couple weeks ago.

Sorry mate, not on a public board, with guys like "ghelseth" reading. I'm sure he'll call the coppers on that too. Too bad some folks don't get the tradeoffs of the third world and are determined to ruin it for everyone...

Hm. I think the guy he's talking about is just in favor of no-smoking laws being enforced in the bars. He's no cop and has never said anything about late-nite bars that I'm aware of. So I don't see how it's relevant to this topic. If it's ok, maybe we can confine the personal attacks on that guy to his thread, if we really feel the need to continue those. Is that alright? ;-)

What about Bamboo on Soi 3? They were open after 2am last time I was by there, which was a couple weeks ago.

Hm. I think the guy he's talking about is just in favor of no-smoking laws being enforced in the bars. He's no cop and has never said anything about late-nite bars that I'm aware of. So I don't see how it's relevant to this topic. If it's ok, maybe we can confine the personal attacks on that guy to his thread, if we really feel the need to continue those. Is that alright? ;-)

Where are all these puritans coming from? All seem to be either new or strangers indicating a reserve persona set up some time ago in case of banning.

Bloody Hell!

Are we gonna have to start a new board for Sanuk and abandon this one to do-gooders?

Jesus Wept!

Coss

Gonna Smoke and Drink and Have Sex and Enjoy Good Company and Good Food until whatever hour and avoid the puritans like the plague.

What about Bamboo on Soi 3? They were open after 2am last time I was by there' date=' which was a couple weeks ago.

[/quote']

a couple of weeks ago is meaningless, it was within the last week that they started enforcing the 2pm close on the discos.

I'll be there on Thursday, If I can stay up late enough I'll report back where..

Cheers

Coss

I think the guy he's talking about is just in favor of no-smoking laws being enforced in the bars. He's no cop and has never said anything about late-nite bars that I'm aware of. So I don't see how it's relevant to this topic. If it's ok, maybe we can confine the personal attacks on that guy to his thread, if we really feel the need to continue those. Is that alright?

No personal attack, just how I feel about sharing information about illegal activities with someone who has proclaimed himself the "police" with regards to some laws, instead of just living and let living as what has made LoS so tolerable over these years. IMHO, without the lazziez faire attitude, LoS is just another third world shithole.

How should I know? He may just think that afterhours bars are evil and whatnot. *I'm* not willing to take the chance of a) getting my favs shutdown or B) getting caught in a raid when drinking afterhours. YMMV.

Regards,

SD

Archived